Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,889 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• An unpublished masterpiece by Boccherini ( violin and SYNCHRON-ized Solo Strings).

last edited
    last edited

Hello,

I've just posted a new recording of a quintet by Boccherini:

The reason I'm telling you about it today is that it's a previously unpublished masterpiece. It's the composer's very last quintet, and it comes with a surprise: it ends with a slow movement! Do you know of a classical instrumental work that doesn't end with a fast movement?

Greetings

Jacques

• Very interesting hybrid production.  Could you explain a little more how you put this piece together

• @JBacal said:

Very interesting hybrid production.  Could you explain a little more how you put this piece together

First of all, thank you for your compliment.

I didn't do anything out of the ordinary for this recording. The only thing that seems important to me is that all the tracks had no reverb to begin with. Here are the details:

DAW: Ableton Live 10 Suite

Violin 1: recorded without reverb with my violin + EQ because the sound is very strident, PAN 30L, no reverb.

Violin 2: recorded without reverb with my violin + EQ because the sound is very strident, PAN 15L, no reverb

Viola 1: 03 Solo Viola/03 Viola full, PAN C, RoomRvrb OFF

Viola 2: 03 Solo Viola/03 Viola full, PAN 15R, RoomRvrb OFF

Cello: 03 Solo Violoncello 1/03 Violoncello 1 full, PAN 30R, RoomRvrb OFF

Glue compressor on all tracks, external reverb on Master.

I had to use the Glue compressor because I imported the MIDI tracks with velocity from SAMPLITUDE and some passages were really too weak. Maybe I could have solved the problem with the SYNCHRON PLAYER effects, but I don't know enough about it.

• Hello,

I've just published a recording of another late Boccherini quintet. It's all done with SYNCHRON-ized SOLO STRINGS:

First violin: 02 Violin 1 basic VelXF MOD/ PAN: L16%
    Second violin: 02 Violin 2 basic VelXF MOD/ PAN: L8%
    First viola : 02 Viola basic VelXF MOD/ PAN : C
    Second viola :02 Viola basic VelXF MOD/ PAN : R8%
    Cello : 02 Violoncello 1 basic VelXF MOD/ PAN : R16%

ALL INSTRUMENTS : RoomRvrb -9 DB

Enjoy your discovery!

Greetings

Jacques