Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] How to render / bounce audio clip with MIR reverb in Cubase 12

last edited
    last edited

Hi Gang,

Here's the scenario:

I have created my piece of music in Cubase 12 using VIP instruments, a couple of Kontakt Instruments (contained within VEP) and an audio clip on a Cubase Audio track (via a VEP Audio Input plugin inserted as an input on the Cubase audio chanel)  all going through MIR 3D. Now I want everything I hear in Wav files for mixing.

I have had success with using the "Render In Place" function in Cubase to print out all stems with MIR3D Reverb applied - other than the audio clip that is located on its own Cubase audio track.

• For the life of me, I cannot figure how I can patch over the audio clip on the Cubase Audio track through to MIR3D and return it in a fashion that can be recorded in Cubase with the MIR 3D reverb applied
    • For clarity, I can hear the cubase audio track with MIR 3d Reverb applied, however this only shows in the Stereo Out within cubase, so I have no way of recording the wet audio clip
    • How would I patch the audio out of VEP to a discrete audio channel in cubase so as to record the original audio clip with reverb added?

Thanking you in advance if you have a solution.

Kind Regards,

Lee

• Hi Lee,

is there any chance to see some screenshots (both VEP and Cubase routing)? I am not sure I fully understand what you are doing in detail :-)

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Lee @Nessein,

this thread got lost during the switch to VSL's new forum engine - sorry for that. Has your issue been solved in the meantime ...?

Kind regards,

• Hi Dietz,

Thanks for following up.

See attached

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Lee,

in the meantime, VSL's developers commented on that issue. Unfortunately, VE Pro's "Audio Input" feature is becoming increasingly difficult to maintain for them, due to the rigid CPU and security management of modern operating systems as well as the most recent DAWs. (It might even happen that this feature will be dropped in one of the next versions of VE Pro). 

In short: Bouncing or "rendering-in-place" VE Pro's processed Audio Input doesn't work on individual return channels.

Possible work-arounds to use MIR with actual audio recordings:

• Use the MIR plug-in directly in the DAW (... that's the most meaningful alternative).
    • Export in an extra step from the Stereo Out (!) of Cubase/Nuendo, but that's of course no real option when you want to print from multiple channels separately.
    • Re-record on a dedicated audio channel fed from a Group (!) you have routed VE Pro's output to, but that's again an unreasonably complicated concept in case of many sources (and it works in realtime only, of course).

... sorry to have no easier solution for you.

Kind regards,

• HI Dietz,

Thanks for your time on this.

The work around solutions do not sound too unreasonable.

If you have any ideas / guidance on how I route VEP to a Cubase Audio track, then problem solved. Whatever I have tried, I can only get VEP to appear on the stereo out on the master fader.

Kind Regards.

Lee

• last edited
    last edited

The decisive step in-between is to route VE Pro's output to a Group which then can serve as signal source for a conventional audio track.

(... side-note for the occasional reader: We're strictly talking about Cubase/Nuendo here!)

Personally, would still prefer to use MIR 3D directly in the DAW for actual audio signals. You can bring in your MIR settings from VE Pro easily by creating and recalling a Venue Preset with the respective roles.

Kind regards,

• ... And we have a solution!

Thanks Dietz.