Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,911 users have contributed to 42,263 threads and 254,948 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Finale 2026 how to work after installation

Hello dear Bogdan,

I am an Israeli composer, want to begin working on an opera. I use Finale 2026 and bought the VSL 1, 2, 4 and Synchron. I use PC with Windows 10.

I hardly installed them all but as I want to use the VSL sets in my compositions. But I cannot understand the process of using VSL in my Score manager. I saw that there is a youtube tutorial they made for Sibelius "VSL & Sibelius Ultimate - Integration Tutorial 2021" but could not find one for FInale, nor any simple guide to do that.

Dr. Dafni helps me but it is the first time for both of us with this system and need some help. Morel recommended us to ask for your help.

Can you please help us finalize this process and get to know how to use them for my music.

Thank you very much!

Rachel Galinne

• Hello Rachel!

I'm not Bogdan, but maybe I can help you too.
    Please open Vienna Assistant and go to Additionals/Notation. There you will find Finale Human Playback Preferences for the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions and for Synchron Prime Edition. These settings come with instructions on how to use them.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Rachel!

It seems that you didn't succeed in following the suggestion from my previous post. If you download the files that I have written about, you will get the instructions. They are included as pdf files.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Rachel!

I can see in our records that you didn't activate your licenses yet. Please open iLok License Manager and activate your licenses. Then you should be able to load the presets of your libraries in Synchron Player.
    https://www.vsl.info/en/tutorials/guides/ilok-video-overview

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Rachel!

The instruments don't get loaded automatically. Please load the Synchron Player presets from the following folders:
    SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions/.../03 Velocity
    or
    SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions/.../01 VelXF sus

The presets from the VelXF sus folders need more performance, but enable crescendos/decrescendos under single notes. For the VelXF sus presets it is necessary to make the following setting in the Funale Human Playback Preferences>Dynamics/Volume menu:
    Dynamic Approach for Sustaining Instruments: Modulation (CC#1) + Velocity for Attack

Have a great weekend too.
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • andiA andi moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on