Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,438 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,075 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

• Synchron Harp Player

Hi,

I got Synchron Harp Player and have some issues and questions that I could not find in it's manual to solve or answer.

1) the pedal red keys only seem to change pedals into sharps. How do you get them to change to flats or natural/unmodified pitch?

2)Within the Dorico Pro 5 environment, the player crashed/disappeared when changing from one pre set to the other manually. This also happened when playing the C9 key on the player keyboard.

Has anyone else experienced these crashes?

Alex

• Hi Alex

Here my input to the two questions:

1. The pedal keys work like on a real harp so they have three positions, notches in harp terminology I think. In the GUI you can press the top, middle, or bottom of the key and it will produce lowest, ,middle and highest of the three notes (so e.g. B,C and C#). On the keyboard I think they use velocities to switch which is very tricky when you would play live. High velocity gives the sharp which is easy, just pressing lightly gives the flat but getting back to the middle tone is a bit try and error. Better stay in chromatic mode when playing live or recording.
      (The explanation might be in one of the video)
    2. I have no issues in Dorico 5 with Synchron harp on an MBP M1Max. I can change mixer presets as well as presets in the GUI without issue. Not sure why you would like to press C9 as it is outside the range of the harp and the key VSL switches but nothing happens when I press it (after having to push an octave up 3 times for my 61 key keyboard)

• Hi Mavros,

Thanks for your reply.

Your answer to question 1 is very helpful. Was not aware of the.

Question 2: I think I hit by mistake C9, though when repeating it, it did crash the GUI. I'll keep asking around also in the Dorico forum and see if anyone else has run into similar issues.

Your response are very much appreciated.

Thank you