Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

190,089 users have contributed to 42,706 threads and 256,980 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 40 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VE PRO 7 VST3 plugins nightmare

For several versions now, including the latest (7.3.3388), VEPRO 7 no longer scans VST3 plugins correctly.
    After a few failed validations, the software starts to loop over a single plugin (screenshots).
    Worse still: VEPRO7 blocks on VSL Pro plugins!
    The only solution is to isolate the offending plugin and start the scan all over again (reset and rescan all). Except that this already takes at least a day and there's more to come!
    I've tried just about every method described on this forum: deleting the caches, isolating all the VST3s (in this case, it works but if you put them back in, some of them block the software).
    The VEPRO 7 workflow has become impossible, and I think it's time for VSL to react.

macOS Monterey 12.6.8 - iMac 17,1

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/59832/ SOLVED VePro Hangs While Scanning Plugins/314784

• https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/59832/ SOLVED VePro Hangs While Scanning Plugins/314784

• I put the plugins back, after I have gone through with it and VEP. Need them also in my DAW. When VEP on next start up starts with scanning again, I just hit "cancel" and that's it. Doesn't work for you?

• @wholinwolf said in [VE PRO 7 VST3 plugins nightmare](/post/317675):

I put the plugins back, after I have gone through with it and VEP. Need them also in my DAW. When VEP on next start up starts with scanning again, I just hit "cancel" and that's it. Doesn't work for you?

Unfortunatly, no. I rolled back to version 7.2.1526. It's the only way tu use VSL pro suite plugins. Crazy ! VEPRO7 is not ready for VST3 :-(

• Hi alain2B, 

We're a bit surprised here... Did you make sure that you deleted the correct cache folder? 
    Andreas posted the wrong (old) path in the thread you are referring to (I corrected it).

~Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Caches/VSL/Vienna Ensemble Pro

Please give it another try and let us know!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • @Paul said in [VE PRO 7 VST3 plugins nightmare](/post/317695):

Hi alain2B,

We're a bit surprised here... Did you make sure that you deleted the correct cache folder? 
    Andreas posted the wrong (old) path in the thread you are referring to (I corrected it).

~Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Caches/VSL/Vienna Ensemble Pro

Please give it another try and let us know!

Best,
    Paul

Thanks for your reply, Paul. But it still doesn't work.
    1. I move all the VST3 plugins from the "VST3" folder to a "VST3 off" folder.
    2. I completely delete the cache folder included in "~Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Caches/VSL/Vienna Ensemble Pro" as mentionned.
    3. I launch VEPRO7 which rescan all the plugins.

4. I put all VST3 plugins from off to VST3 folder
    5. I uncheck the "VST3" box in the "Effects" and "Instruments" preferences (if I let it checked, its the same result)
    6. I restart VEPRO7 and it crashes in an endless loop by adding a folder in the path "~Users/*YOURUSERNAME*/Library/Applications Support/VSL/SL/Vienna Ensemble Pro/sentry-db". (screen record)
    7. The only solution is to press "cancel" each time VEPRO7 is started. Not very smart ;-)

screenrecord.mp4-1698406691699-giucm.mp4

• Don't mix .vts3 and.dll plugins in a folder

• Same behavior here.

I had a toolkit error validation. I deleted the VSL folder in Application Support and reinstalled.

But when trying to scan VST3 plugins, it kept scanning forever, so I was adding one by one fo the vst3 folder until I detected the problematic plugins. reinstalled and all is ok now

• Hi,

I don't understand the logic with VEP plug in scanning. It normally tried to scan all my plug ins at every launch of VEP.

Just now I let it scan everything, (again) then it crashed and when I rebooted it scanned for a few seconds and then stopped. Did the crash fix it? 

Time will tell. 

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Vienna Instruments Pro on