Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,893 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• About VSL Synchron Fazioli F308

I just purchased this piano sound library, but I've noticed a few issues:

1.The f#3 note seems to lack dynamic variation compared to other notes. It feels significantly quieter, almost as if the piano is missing a string.

2. Its response doesn't quite resemble that of a real piano, and what strikes me as odd is that even when I play with minimal force, theoretically causing no sound on a real piano, the Synchron Fazioli F308 still produces sound. I've also tried adjusting the Velocity Curve, but it hasn't improved the situation.

I'm particularly concerned about the first point. Have you experienced similar issues?

• Hi, I got the Fazioli right when it was published by VSL over a year ago. But I traded the library in for the Bosendorfer 280 VC. After 30 minutes playing I was completely worn out. The sound of this piano library is magnificent! But again I didn't get along with the Fazioli. I must have tried a dozen different Velocity settings at least! Not enough dynamic variation to my taste. Spend hours editing notes individual volumes, timbre. It didn't work for me. So as mentioned in the beginning I traded the Fazioli for the Bosendorfer 280 VC. I own the Yamaha CFX as well. Fabulous piano. But the Bosendorfer 280 VC is something else. What a beauty! But that's all a matter of taste ofcource. VSL gives his customers the possibility to trade a product for another product or a money refund. Within two weeks I believe. Not sure. I think they are the best! I hope you'll get the "feel" you want out of the Fazioli. Cause after all it's a beautiful, unique grand piano on itself.   

Best:

Willem

• @About VSL Synchron Fazioli f308 said in [About VSL Synchron Fazioli F308](/post/317571):

I just purchased this piano sound library, but I've noticed a few issues:

1.The f#3 note seems to lack dynamic variation compared to other notes. It feels significantly quieter, almost as if the piano is missing a string.

Hi, I've been playing the F308 since it came out and I love it. It has a very warm and detailed sound. The F#3 sounds fine in my library. I did notice that the C6 was a bit weak in presence and resonance. A little EQ and volume adjustment improved that. I also increased the volume (3db) on the lower two octaves.

@About VSL Synchron Fazioli f308 said in [About VSL Synchron Fazioli F308](/post/317571):

2. Its response doesn't quite resemble that of a real piano, and what strikes me as odd is that even when I play with minimal force, theoretically causing no sound on a real piano, the Synchron Fazioli F308 still produces sound. I've also tried adjusting the Velocity Curve, but it hasn't improved the situation.

All VSL pianos produce a sound with a 0 midi (silent key) strike. It doesn't bother me at all because I don't play anything that requires silent key strikes, but the lack of a silent key strike is something people have complained about for years. The dynamic range and play-ability of the F308 is pretty awesome. In my opinion it's the best of all the Synchron Pianos, and that says a lot becasue VSL has the best lineup of pianos samples in the industry.

God bless,

David

F308, D-274, 280VC, Bösendorfer Imperial, Vienna Imperial