Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,849 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,934 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 5 new post(s) and 40 new user(s).

• Nothing that I can see. It's possble that the latest version of VEP (7.3.3502) is snappier, but getting the Instrument window to show up still needs an extra click.

VSL has indicated that it's not a simple fix. I'm sure they're working on it.

• F4 still doesn't work. I was hoping this would be fixed by now. I have key commands set up to quickly view instuments in VEP. They don't work until I click on an instrument and that is in every VEP instance.

Luckily I only have 8 instances setup. Some, I would imagine, have many many more.

• @plowman said:

Nothing that I can see. It's possble that the latest version of VEP (7.3.3502) is snappier, but getting the Instrument window to show up still needs an extra click.

VSL has indicated that it's not a simple fix. I'm sure they're working on it.

There was a similar problem a few years ago with one update of pre-VST3 VEP7. Suddenly it was not possible to save instances with the automation window closed. But that was fixed quite quickly. I don't think there was ever a case of not being able to save an instance in pre-VST3 VEP7 with the instrument view showing. Hopefully it will be fixed soon. VEP7 is wonderful software.

• @JBuck said:

F4 still doesn't work. I was hoping this would be fixed by now. I have key commands set up to quickly view instuments in VEP. They don't work until I click on an instrument and that is in every VEP instance.

Luckily I only have 8 instances setup. Some, I would imagine, have many many more.

Even if F4 worked, that would help a lot.

• @Andreas8420 said:

Hi all, this will be addressed eventually, but I can not give you an ETA.

Any updates?

• Are there any of the iLok archive versions of VEP 7 where the F4 button works? Not that it is a big problem. I am getting used to clicking. It is actually quite easy. VEP 7 is still the best possible way to link two computers together.

• Does the F4 button, the instrument view menu selection and saving an instance with the instrument view showing work for VEP 7 users who are using Windows 11? I am using Windows 10. There was a fairly big VEP 7 update recently.

• It would sure be nice to get this working. F4 works but ONLY after clicking on the instrument, kinda pointless

• @Andreas8420 said:

Hi all, this will be addressed eventually, but I can not give you an ETA.

There were two posts from Andreas that gave me hope but nothing since September.

• @beatpete said:

It would sure be nice to get this working. F4 works but ONLY after clicking on the instrument, kinda pointless

Yes because one already has the instrument view after clicking.