Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,918 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• How do I change keys in a Vienna Instruments Pro chord matrix?

How do I change keys in a Vienna Instruments Pro chord matrix? I Every chord in every matrix is in the key of C major. I cannot find a way to change this.

• last edited
    last edited

@murphy761 said:

How do I change keys in a Vienna Instruments Pro chord matrix? I Every chord in every matrix is in the key of C major. I cannot find a way to change this.

bloxd io

To change the key of a chord matrix, you need to use the transpose function in the matrix tab. You can transpose the entire matrix by a fixed amount of semitones, or you can transpose each chord individually by dragging the transpose slider in the cell properties. You can also use the root key function to set the root note of each chord, which will affect the chord name and the sequence mode.
    Here is an example of how to change the key of a chord matrix from C major to G major:
    Select the matrix that you want to transpose in the matrix list.
    Go to the matrix tab and click on the transpose button.
    Enter 7 in the transpose field to transpose the matrix by 7 semitones.
    Click OK to apply the changes.
    Alternatively, you can transpose each chord separately by selecting the cell and dragging the transpose slider in the cell properties. For example, to transpose a C major chord to a G major chord, you need to drag the slider to +7.
    You can also change the root key of each chord by selecting the cell and clicking on the root key button in the cell properties. For example, to change the root key of a C major chord to a G, you need to click on the G note on the keyboard.

• @murphy761 said:

You also use the Key transpose feature in the APP sequencer scale tab, since it is what plays the chord.

Check out this VSL video tut. on youtube.

starting at 10:08 paul explain in detail how to do what you are asking. also at 11:11 paul explain how move the chords Maj. to Min.

Good Luck

• also check this video that deals with chord matrix.

Good Luck