Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,886 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• Unwanted Automatic Volume Changes

Hi

I am using VEP7 with Finale v26.2 on an iMac Pro with OS 10-15-7 (Catalina).

My problem is unwanted automatic volume changes.  

Apart from the notation, I have added a single constant Finale Dynamic Expression  (e.g. forte).

Also, I have inserted Keyswitches to alternate playback between Staccato (short notes) and Sustain (longer notes), with sufficient time to make the changes (though that should not be required).

When playing back this series of notes, the Staccato notes play at the correct volume.

However, the first brief set of Sustain notes play noticeably softer, and the second set of Sustain notes are almost audible.  (It seems like an assumed musically logical programmed feature).

I have used every possible corrective action in Finale with no change whatsoever.

Although Humanize Is activated, I have never touched the default settings ... I have no idea what they mean, and have been unable to find an explanation in the user manuals.  However, I doubt this is the source of the problem because I have never encountered it before.

Thanks for any suggestions ... they will be most appreciated.

Webs

• Hello Webs!

Please make sure to set the same dynamic approach in the Finale Human Playback Preferences under Dynamics and in Synchron Player. For example, if you are loading the VelXF sus presets in Synchron Player, Finale dynamics should control Velocity AND CC1. In fact this dynamic approach should work with almost all of our Synchron and SYNCHRON-ized presets.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hello Webs!

I was talking about the following Finale menu:
    MIDI/Audio => Human Playback => Human Playback Preferences => Dynamics/Volume => Dynamic Approach. I have attached a screenshot for you.

Why are you using only two Vienna Instruments patches? I can see that you have several SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Volumes registered. I recommend using the SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition "VelXF sus" presets together with the Finale Human Playback Preferences "VSL - SYzd Special Edition" and the dynamic approach "Modulation (CC#1) + Velocity for Attack".

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • andiA andi moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on