Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,955 users have contributed to 42,332 threads and 255,212 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 37 new user(s).

• Transferring my template

I'm about to transfer a MIR3D template from Nuendo to Reaper. All of my VSTis will get transferred. 

What is the best way of transferring all of my MIR 3D settings/placements?

• Since the introduction of MIR 3D, this is as simple as saving a Venue Preset with "Roles" for all instances (this is not much more work than a few mouse clicks) and reassigning it in Reaper (this requires a bit more effort, as you have to reassign the correct Role to each instrument, but only once). 

You can even export the Venue Preset and copy it to another machine simply by dragging the entrance from the browser of MIR's Preset Manager to the desktop (or any other location shown by Explorer/Finder).

One thing to remember: Correct naming (or more precisely: unique names) is the decisive factor, as this is the only criterion for identifying a Role.

Kind regards,

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • @Dietz said in [Transferring my template](/post/317351):

One thing to remember: Correct naming (or more precisely: unique names) is the decisive factor, as this is the only criterion for identifying a Role.

Meaning I have to match the track names from Nuendo to Reaper exactly?