Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,462 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Meetup Group in Frankfurt/Main

https://forum.vsl.co.at/topic/60292/Meetup Group For Composers/316886

Best regards, Jürgen
  • Dear Forists,

I would like to take up Jerry Gerber's „Meetup Group“-idea:

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t60292-Meetup-Group-for-Composers#post316886

Is anyone of you interested in such a group in Frankfurt/Main or the surrounding area.

I would be happy about a message.

Best regards

Jürgen

--

ORIGINAL VERSION:

Liebe Foristen,

ich möchte Jerry Gerbers „Meetup Group“-Idee aufgreifen:

https://www.vsl.co.at/community/posts/t60292-Meetup-Group-for-Composers#post316886

Hat jemand von Ihnen/euch Interesse an einer solchen Gruppe in Frankfurt am Main oder Umgebung?

Über eine Nachricht würde ich mich freuen.

Beste Grüße

Best regards, Jürgen
  • I'm in Stuttgart which isn't that close really. But I'm interested in what exactly you would like to do if there was sufficent interest in getting a group off the ground. 

• @lunar_28664 said:

I'm in Stuttgart which isn't that close really. But I'm interested in what exactly you would like to do if there was sufficent interest in getting a group off the ground. 

Hello „lunar“,

thank you for your request.

I would simply be interested in a personal exchange of experiences about working with VSL libraries.

What exactly this exchange of experiences would look like and where it would take place would depend on the people taking part.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a “Meetup” group either, as joint meetings could also be arranged via private message.

Briefly about myself: Although I have professional musical knowledge, I am completely self-taught when it comes to “library music” and develop my skills primarily through trial and error. I really enjoy arranging (I avoid the word “composing” because I’m not Mozart😉) and playing with timbres and shapes. And a little “crowd intelligence” would definitely help me and inspire me.

By the way: Neither the style of music - I'm open to (almost) everything - nor the claim - my projects are (so far) not commercial - would be relevant to me.

Stuttgart is not exactly next door to Frankfurt, but a meeting in the middle (e.g. in Heidelberg) might be conceivable!?

Best regards

Jürgen

--

ORIGINAL VERSION:

Hallo „lunar“,

danke für Ihre Nachfrage.

Ich hätte einfach Interesse an einem persönlichen Erfahrungsaustausch rund um die Arbeit mit VSL-Libraries.

Wie genau dieser Erfahrungsaustausch aussähe und wo er stattfände, hinge von den Personen ab, die daran teilnehmen.

Es müsste auch nicht unbedingt eine „Meetup“-Gruppe sein, denn gemeinsame Treffen könnten ebenso per Privatnachricht vereinbart werden.

Kurz zu meiner Person: Ich verfüge zwar über professionelle musikalische Vorkenntnisse, bin aber in Sachen „Library Music“ absoluter Autodidakt, der seine Fertigkeiten vor allem durch „Versuch und Irrtum“ weiterentwickelt. Ich habe großes Vergnügen am Arrangieren (ich vermeide das Wort „komponieren“, denn ich bin nicht Mozart😉) und am spielerischen Umgang mit Klangfarben und Formen. Und dabei würde mir ein wenig „crowd intelligence“ bestimmt weiterhelfen und mich inspirieren.

Im Übrigen: Weder die Musikrichtung – ich bin für (fast) alles offen – noch der Anspruch – meine Projekte sind (bislang) nicht kommerziell – wären für mich relevant.

Zwar ist Stuttgart von Frankfurt aus nicht gerade nebenan, aber ein Treffen in der Mitte (z. B. in Heidelberg) wäre ja eventuell denkbar!?

Beste Grüße

Jürgen

Best regards, Jürgen
  • thanks for your reply, Jürgen. I'm not sure how much use I would be in exchanging experiences on working with VSL libraries. It's true that until around 5 years ago, I used to use them almost exclusively but these days in works for full symphony orchestra, I tend to prefer other libraries -- the VSL sound to me is more suited to chamber arrangments where it often works very well. I compose almost entirely in Dorico so if you happen to use that software, we might well have things to discuss!

schöne Grüße,

David

• Hello David,

I work with Logic, so our overlap should indeed be small.

Nevertheless, thank you for your message and best regards

Jürgen

--

ORIGINAL VERSION:

Hallo David,

ich arbeite mit Logic, so dass unsere Schnittmenge in der Tat klein sein dürfte.

Trotzdem danke für deine Nachricht und viele Grüße

Jürgen

Best regards, Jürgen