Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,886 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• [Resolved] Upgraded my VSL content, software, iLok -VE Pro 7 broken + libraries cannot be found

I recently, as of Friday, attempted to use my VSL and VE Pro components, after not using them for some time. Things weren't working so well because I had old builds. After receiving advice I downloaded The Big Bang Orchestra bundle which had Vienna Assistant included. I went through the steps to install that and the iLok and Special Edition content. Because of all my previous content which needed updating it was a huge download, about 260GB. I've had iLok for a long time and in MyVSL I had converted my eLicenser licenses to iLok licenses. I verified iLok had the licenses and then activated them. I then went to check the installation and found 2 issues.

1: Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 will not invoke. It pops up a dialog that says "License Support Upgrade Required for Vienna Ensemble Pro 7. To run this software please go to iLok.com to download and run the latest License Support Installer."

I've already done that. My iLok Manager confirms the license has been deposited and it has been activated. MyVSL shows that I have the license and the software. (I've been using VE Pro 7 since it first came out as an upgrade to VE Pro 6 using eLicenser until today.)

I should point out that invoking Vienna Ensemble Services works.

2: However, when creating a channel for Syncron Player I only have access to the Hello* Free Instruments Violin Runs 05. Nothing else of the content is available in the browser.

If I look at the database tab of the settings dialog (invoked with the gear icon on the bar in Syncron Player), I can follow the path to the content and it is installed there. So, not sure what is happening there either. Is it possible that the first instance is somehow corrupted and not able to show the other directories?

Any help sorting these 2 issues out would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I have resolved the issue with the libraries not showing in the browser. That turned out to be my error. When I bulk selected a stack of licenses, I inadvertently left the libraries of concern out of the activation loop, as they were not contained in one group. However, the Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 Server still has the issue of not invoking.

EDIT 2: I have resolved the issue. It turns out that my iLok Manager build was not up to date. When I did an update to that, it recognized the license.