Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,906 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,946 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• Sibelius Playback Issues with Synchron Player in Vienna Ensemble

Hello!

Using Sibelius with SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions in Vienna Ensemble, for my strings, sometimes pizzicato will play randomly when arco is intended. When I enter "arco" into the score (redundantly, I might add, since it was already supposed to be arco), it usually fails to counteract the randomly played pizzicato. Restarting Sibelius seems to solve the problem for about 2 minutes, and then the problem happens again. Anyway, restarting Sibelius routinely is not convenient for workflow. Any ideas what might be causing this?

Thanks so much!

Sheridan

• Hello Sheridan!

It can have different reasons why articulation changes don't work as expected or instruments play on the wrong channel. Did you go through the Troubleshooting section of the "Sibelius Integration" tutorial yet? All possible reasons that come to my mind are listed there.
    https://www.vsl.info/tutorials/guides/sibelius-integration/troubleshooting

If you can't find a solution there, please send the following screenshots to support@vsl.co.at and we will do our best to help you.

- Sibelius "Add or Remove Instruments" menu

- Sibelius mixer

- Sibelius Playback Devices menu

- Sibelius Manual Sound Sets page of all loaded devices

- Vienna Ensemble showing one of the instruments that doesn't work correctly

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • andiA andi moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on