Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,891 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• No sound in Sibelius Playback

Hello I am new to VSL and having trouble getting sound in Sibelius playback
    I read the manual for VSL/Sibelius integration and watched the video
    Everything looks like it is working in accordance with the instructions, but I am not getting any sound

The Mixer in Sibelius shows there is signal for the instruments I set up , but there is no sound. 

In the Audio Engine Options, it just says Rescan and I can't access any folders. I have clicked Rescan and restarted multiple times. I have also clicked Repair / Clean Up multiple times and those buttons are grayed out. 

I have tried with both Vienna Ensemble, and the trial version of Vienna Ensemble Pro. The library I purchased is SYNCRHON-ized Special Edition Vol 1. 

If I switch the playback configuration back to the Sibelius General Midi Basic, it does play those instruments. 

I am using a new Max Studio with M2 Max and Ventura 13.4.1(c)

Can anyone give me any suggestions on what to do? 

• Hello!

It can have different reasons why you don't get a sound.
    Please check the following things:

- Did you load the Vienna Ensemble plugin and does it connect to Vienna Ensemble Service. Sibelius (or any other host application) can only connect to the VE Service, but not to Vienna Ensemble Standalone.

- Inside Vienna Ensemble, did you load Synchron Player and the instrument presets?

If you need more help, please send an e-mail to support@vsl.co.at, refer to this post and add some screenshots. This might help us to help you.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • andiA andi moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on