Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,462 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• use synchron libraries on two computers

I'm working on two different computers, at home on my iMac pro and mobile on my Macbook pro. I have my library-content on external harddrives. As I wanted to prepare my Macbook for the journey Vienna Assistent didn't found my libraries on the ssd. Do I really have to download all the content again? Can't I just point to the hard drive-location (the ilok-version is already on the drive, as I'm using it with my iMac)

• Click on the Cog in the Synchron Player to manage Sample Library storage paths etc.

• That is a good question. I have the same issue. For space reasons I put some VSL libraries on an external SSD and have the rest on my MBP SSD. There are no issues with the Synchron player finding them as long as the SSD is connected but the assistant claims the libraries on the external SSD are not installed as long as I do not download them again to the new location. I did not find a locate button as e.g. Native Instruments and Spitfire have for libraires you moved to another location.

• Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Thanks Paul, I don't know if this is new but I now also have a Repair option for the libraries I moved and that has a relocate option. Great timesaver