Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,035 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,974 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• SYNCHRON-ized dimension Strings 1 Cubase expression maps

Hi Andi,

If I load Vel XF or Vel XF sus 1st Violins all Players into the Syncron Player (doesn't matter which one) and load VSL SYzdDS - Violins - VelXF. expression map into Cubase 12 (windows 11). 

All the articulations switch fine but for some reason CC3(vibrato) no longer responds in the Syncron player even thought there is a controller lane dedicated to CC3. As soon as I remove the expression map from Cubase, CC3 in the Syncron Player will start responding again.

Thanks,

Dave 

• Maybe check there is no CC3 entries in the Output Mapping section of your Expression Map?

• Hello Dave!

Whenever a CC controller is included in a Cubase expression map, this controller gets blocked for live usage by Cubase.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Ok, Thanks Andi that's good to know. 

However this is during playback, the Synchron dimension strings instrument is not record enabled or in monitor mode. 

Also in the expression map setup, I do not see CC 3 referenced at all. Am I missing something else?

Dave

• Hello Dave!

The expression map "VSL SYzdDS - Violins - VelXF" contains CC3 commands. That's why CC3 cannot be used for live control or in a controller lane. This has nothing to do with a track being record enabled or not. CC3 gets controlled by the expression map.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library