Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,459 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 54 new user(s).

• Is MIR PRO not supported?

My MIR PRO is crashing and asking me to insert an elicensor after updating to the latest VEP (yes, I converted everything to iLok but MIR pro is not showing up in Vienna Assistant). I really don't need MIR 3D and would rather put that upgrade money toward Synchron Duality but I still need to place instruments from other companies on the Synchron Stage. Is the upgrade to MIR 3D the only way to maintain my workflow?

After upgrading to the latest VEP I'm having some weird issues and it takes forever to load VEP instances. I'm wondering if this is all tied to the MIR Pro issue.

Geoff

• Hi Geoff, 

Your classic MIR Pro should work as expected.

How are you using it in your setup, as a plug-in in your sequencer or within VE Pro (or both)?
    Also, which OS and sequencer are you working on?

Did you try to roll back to a previous version of VE Pro (in the Vienna Assistant)? Does everything work then?

Thanks for the additional information... you can also send it directly to support@vsl.co.at, best with some screenshots and exemplary projects. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Paul- thanks for the quick reply. I did write support but I know sometimes there are answers on this forum that help. 

I’m using mir pro as a plug in in VEP. I’ve used it that way for years and never had a problem. In addition to mir pro now synchron strings 1 won’t play. All my other synchron libraries play normally. I have re installed the library, the synchron player and VEP. It’s really bizarre. in order to keep working I switch to Synchron Strings Pro so I can continue programming but I’m worried that something else may be off. VSL is so amazing because it gives us so much control over the sound but there are so many settings and I’m finding little changes like which mix preset is on an instrument that have changed. Going through all the menus to get things back the way they were and hoping they stay that way is taking so much time.

I’ll try going back a version of VEP and see if that solves any of the issues. 
    Geoff

• Once again, VSL support solved the issue. 

VEP has been such a rock solid program but I've noticed some odd behaviors over the last year or so. I think the source of the problem was not VEP but MIR. I just upgraded to MIR Pro 3D and all the issues went away and VEP is back to being the reliable program it has always been. It loads faster and doesn't quit when my computer goes to sleep.

If you are using MIR and running Mac OS either Monterrey or Ventura and you are having issues, I'd recommend upgrading to MIR PRO 3D. Made a world of difference for me.