Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,886 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 42 new user(s).

• iLok frustrations

Hi,

Really sorry if this problem is because I'm doing something stupid or not doing something obvious - more than possible. 

I have an extensive Synchron library and when I bought a new addition - SY-zed Recorders for a project - I discovered that the only way to see them in the Synchron player was to update everything. I'd been using an older version of Ensemble and Synchron Player and everything had been working fine. However after installing my new library I discovered that everything had disappeared, all my installs apart from the new one. Couldn't see them anywhere within Vienna Ensemble. What was not obvious (to me) was that I had to reinstall the whole lot with Vienna Assistant despite all samples already existing on my drives. I've done that now and everything seems to be working fine with all collection folders having the suffix - iLok. 

So far so good - although it took me the best part of a day to download everything.

However I have some old libraries one of which is Special Brass - Full Library. I really need to use the cornet for a project. So I installed the library via the Vienna Assistant but it won't show up in the instruments. The assistant says it's installed, my account on this VSL website says it's been transferred to iLok successfully but it doesn't appear in iLok License Manager. I've clicked on the little info button next to it in the myVSL page and encouragingly it gives me a serial number and an Activation Code. This code does not work with the License Manager (I guess it's for the old eLicenser system). 

Also the same issue is happening with a different library - Epic Orchestra isn't appearing either. My main Vienna Ensemble template has quite a few instances of Epic Orch and all of them have a red line through them on the Synchron plugin and it's not appearing in the right hand side Preset listings despite being in the Synchron Database and despite there being a fresh download with the "-iLok" suffix. It too doesn't appear in iLok Manager. 

Can anyone help me? Every other installation I've done with the assistant has gone smoothly with licenses automatically appearing on my iLok License Manager. These two haven't. I'm hoping that the fact it's not showing in the iLok Manager is the reason that they won't show up either in Instruments Pro or any other place. They're in the database and they're in the directory. 

Thanks in advance (and despite this frustration, your libraries remain AMAZING, thank you!)

Chris Nightingale 

• I had a similar issue and it was resolved by starting an iLok cloud session. Seems that for the productive use of all licensed VI products, starting and keeping an iLok cloud session open during each audio session is now obligatory. 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Chris,

Sorry to see you frustrated on a Sunday!

In a nutshell: You need to download EVERYTHING you see under NOT INSTALLED in your Vienna Assistant, also the sample content for iLok.

I checked your licenses for the products you mention, Special Brass and EO 2.0 and here is what I found: These license have been deposited on your iLok account, but they have not been ACTIVATED yet.

Here is more information for you regarding iLok license management:
    Check out the screenshots below the video to learn how to open a cloud session!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Hey Raymonde, thank you so much for replying on Easter Sunday! I'll try that along with Paul's advice.

@Raymonde said:

I had a similar issue and it was resolved by starting an iLok cloud session. Seems that for the productive use of all licensed VI products, starting and keeping an iLok cloud session open during each audio session is now obligatory. 

• last edited
    last edited

Paul! Thank you so much for replying also on Easter Sunday! Way beyond the call of duty and much appreciated. I'll do what you suggest. The only thing that worries me about your advice is how to activate but I'll figure it out.. I'll check your link and follow all steps. Cheers, Chris 

@Raymonde said:

I had a similar issue and it was resolved by starting an iLok cloud session. Seems that for the productive use of all licensed VI products, starting and keeping an iLok cloud session open during each audio session is now obligatory. 

• BenB Ben moved this topic from General & Hardware on