Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,620 users have contributed to 42,247 threads and 254,873 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• Hello Anders!

Good to know that you were able to sort out your license problem.

Our bigger libraries such as SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings offer far more articulations than the Finale Human Playback Preferences can offer. Such settings only make sense for libraries with basic articulations (like the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions). With help of the keyswitch dump file you can trigger all articulations that you want.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi Andi, 

Just want you to let you know that I'm started to work on a modified HumanPlayback Prefs using the Synchronised  version for Special Edition and it's hardly a rocket science ;) but it will save a lot of time instead of working only with the Keyswitches for every playing technique. Then only the limits of the fantasy can prevent me from extend the playing techniques of Dimension Strings by using samples from the Special Edition to complete what's lacking in the Dimension Strings I (hey, why are there no trills or sulpont.? ). ;) 

All the best, 

Anders 

• Hi Anders!

Fast legato/performance trill patches are included in SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings I. These trills have to be performed though.
    Users who have registered the SYNCHRON-ized Dimension Strings Bundle, will receive ponticello articulations as a free bonus.
    https://www.vsl.co.at/en/SYzd_Strings/Synchron_Dimension_Strings

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi again, Andi!  

yes, I saw that offer which made me dissapointed for not discovering it before, since I bought the Dimension Strings I just month ago for 395 €. Just one of my miscalculations. 

However, I have a question concerning the samples in Dimension Strings. There seems to be a considerable difference in volume between short notes and long notes in general. Is there a possibility to adjust the volumes of the samples? 

Best, 

Anders 

• Hello Anders!

I can't reproduce the volume difference between long and short notes. However, you can edit the volume of the selected slot and child slots on the EDIT page.

Best,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Hi again, 

Yes I discovered it today, great! 
    Until now I created combined patches (Synchr. SE patches with some slots from Dimension Str.) to be used with HumanPlayback prefs: VSL - SYzd Special Edition, played as Standard, and it seems to work quite well and I hope it will save me hours instead of working entirely with Keyswitches. 

Andi, thanks for all help! 

Best, 

Anders