Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,043 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,975 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 7 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• Elite Strings Expression maps in Cubase

Hi everyone,

I am trying to set up my expression maps for Elite Strings but I do not get it to work properly. After loading the EM for the correct patch (Vl, VA, Octaves in my case) I only get a small choice of articulations in the drop down "articulations" menu of the key editor (trills...). What am I missing here?

Thanks for your ideas and inputs,

Michael

• Hi Michael,

Same here with Synchron Strings Pro. Only HT trill, WT trill, and Soft release are available in the articulation list. Expression maps are downloaded directly from Vienna Assistant. I'm using Cubase 11 Pro.

I will post here if I find a solution.

• I think I was able to somewhat fix it by this point.

In the Expression Maps setup, in the right bottom corner, you have the Articulations list. And there are many articulations, however, only a few of them have "Type" = "Attribute". Only those are displayed in the Articulations dropdown menu in the upper part of the Key editor. Others have "Type" = "Direction" and they are not displayed in the Articulations dropdown menu. I changed all types of "Direction" to "Attribute" and they are displayed in the dropdown menu now. And they work.

The difference between them is:

If you select Attribute, only single notes are influenced by the articulation symbol. If you select Direction, the articulation symbol is valid from its insertion position until the next articulation starts.

I think I'll stick to this solution for now as I have no other at this point.

Hope this helps.

-Vlad

• andiA andi moved this topic from Synchron Series on
  • last edited
    last edited

Hello Vlad!

If you want to assign an "Attribute" articulation to a series of notes, you can select the notes. Then go to the Articulations drop down menu and select the articulation you want to assign.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library