Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,893 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,944 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• Apple Silicon...

Recently I had a meeting with 2 of my producer colleagues.
    After the release of Halion 7 we were all excited to port our old projects to Apple Silicon native. Working under Rosetta is unfortunately not possible with many plugins. Under native Apple Silicon, projects that were previously barely editable can be edited again. Nice!
    All projects with VSL can unfortunately no longer be edited, because apparently no native AS plugin is available. Not one!
    We all had laboriously made the switch to iLok.
    Nobody understands the whole product range of VSL anymore. IV, synchron, synchronized, intel, AppleSilicon, iLok,....
    You have to have a degree in VSL to get through it (What is still compatible with What??). Some older producers have thrown in the towel and avoid using VSL at all costs.
    Many have moved to Apple Silicon and apart from VSL everything seems to be going well. The speed is huge and projects can be double or triple the size.
    Let's hope for a plugin version of VSL that supports native Apple Silicon soon. 

• @cheveyo said:
    Recently I had a meeting with 2 of my producer colleagues.
    After the release of Halion 7 we were all excited to port our old projects to Apple Silicon native. Working under Rosetta is unfortunately not possible with many plugins. Under native Apple Silicon, projects that were previously barely editable can be edited again. Nice!
    All projects with VSL can unfortunately no longer be edited, because apparently no native AS plugin is available. Not one!
    We all had laboriously made the switch to iLok.
    Nobody understands the whole product range of VSL anymore. IV, synchron, synchronized, intel, AppleSilicon, iLok,....
    You have to have a degree in VSL to get through it (What is still compatible with What??). Some older producers have thrown in the towel and avoid using VSL at all costs.
    Many have moved to Apple Silicon and apart from VSL everything seems to be going well. The speed is huge and projects can be double or triple the size.
    Let's hope for a plugin version of VSL that supports native Apple Silicon soon.

It's great to hear that the native Apple Silicon support has improved the editing capabilities of your projects. The increased speed and performance are some of the key benefits of transitioning to Apple Silicon.