Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,925 users have contributed to 42,264 threads and 254,950 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Piano appears in solo strings with accents (Sibelius+VSL)

Greetings:
           I haven't figured this out yet. I'm writing a piece for piano quintet (piano + string quartet) + percussionist. Everything has been going swimmingly, but something odd has started happening. When I place an accent over a note in the strings (currently the cello) sometimes the piano then plays that note. It doesn't seem to be consistent -- this morning I started the project, and existing accents in the cello work as written, but if I add an accent elsewhere, the playback instantly switches to piano for that note only. Removing the accent returns it to the string playback. 

I'm using the solo string patches for the quartet in their own Vienna Ensemble instance, Vienna Imperial for the piano, and a separate VE instance for the percussion. Vienna Imperial is NOT embedded in a VE instance (I'm not sure how to do that!), if that makes any difference.

• Hello Jeffrey!

It can have different reasons why articulation changes don't work as expected or instruments play on the wrong channel. Did you go through the Troubleshooting section of the "Sibelius Integration" tutorial yet? All possible reasons that come to my mind are listed there.
    https://www.vsl.info/tutorials/guides/sibelius-integration/troubleshooting

If you can't find a solution there, please send the following screenshots to support@vsl.co.at.

- Sibelius "Add or Remove Instruments" menu
    - Sibelius mixer
    - Sibelius Playback Devices menu
    - Sibelius Manual Sound Sets page of all loaded devices
    - Vienna Ensemble showing one of the instruments that doesn't work correctly (Cello)
    - The score showing the cello part with the accent

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • The email is on its way. I did walk through the troubleshooting guide, with no help. Further details in the email. Thanks, as always, for your quick response!

• Hello Jeffrey!

I have answered your support request via mail.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library