Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,464 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,080 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• iLok Conversion Crashes

Hello All,

(I moved this post to the VEP thread)

I am in early conversation with Paul about this, but it is now Friday evening and I imagine I will not be hearing back from him until Monday.  If anyone has any thoughts I would so appreciate it!  I have a 2010 Mac Pro, 12 core, Mohave 10.14.6, 4TB SSD with 1.5TB free for the libraries, 128 GB RAM, works very well.  Cubase 11.  I am a periodic user and not computer savvy like most of you here.  Chrome open, otherwise little else, great internet connection, sleep turned off.  

I had repeated freezes during the conversion process - five of them.  All but the last then required a hard restart.  Finally got my 33 libraries & software installed and things looked good in VA.  Then I opened VEP.  Opened my current Cubase project (in which I have been using Synchron and VEP), and it immediately crashed both, and does it repeatedly.  I can (at least to begin with) open a new Cubase project and it won't crash.  This previous project was working fine until the conversion.  Two of my Synchron Libraries are missing from the Synchron Player, though in VA it shows them as installed.  Not sure about the Synchron-ized Libraries.  Nothing is listed in the uninstalled location.  I do not see VEP Server in Installed or Uninstalled or All.  All libraries placed on that same SSD location.  VA shows all as installed.  I also noticed that after the crashes, I now have a few 1" long straight lines in series on my main monitor as it starts up, which then disappear.  I got these messages at some point, can't remember exactly when:  

• “Synchron Brass B09 Stereo SPv2 source files missing”.  Clicked the x to stop.
      • Failed validation: (AU) VSL VSL Powerpan
      • 1 plug-in failed validation and has been disabled.  Disabled plug-ins can be rescanned in Preferences."

Can't imagine what could have gone wrong, I thought I followed the directions properly.  Anyone have a suggestion?  Of course I will wait until Monday to hear from Paul, but I am tempted to throw it all away and do a fresh install of everything - but am afraid of harming the computer with more hard shut downs.  Oh one more thing - I see that VEP, VEP AU3 sow that they were modified yesterday, but VEP Server date is1/30/23.  Licenses seem to all be active. 

In the Mac Crash Report I see, though I don't know what it means:

Termination Reason:    DYLD, [0x4] Symbol missing - Dyld Error Message: - -Symbol not found: _aligned_alloc - Referenced from: /Applications/Vienna Ensemble Pro/Vienna Ensemble Pro Server.app/Contents/MacOS/Vienna Ensemble Pro -  Expected in: /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib

I see that: Minimum required system version: Mac OS X 10.13 - but I have 10.14.6.  

If anyone has the remedy I would so appreciate it!  

thanks for reading through all this,

David

• BenB Ben moved this topic from General & Hardware on