Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,898 users have contributed to 42,261 threads and 254,945 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 0 new thread(s), 9 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• New Instruments Not Visible in Vienna Instruments Pro

Hi all,

I think I've forgotten a step in setting up a new VI instrument, it's been so long since I bought one. I bought Dimension Strings I and Fanfare Trumpets, used Vienna Assistant to download and (I think) install them, and added the folders containing them in the Directory Manager. But when I opened Vienna Instruments Pro, there was no sign of any new patches in the Patches tab.

Am I missing something? I could believe Dimension Strings runs on a different player, but that seems odd for Fanfare Trumpets.

Thanks!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Pyre,

These are both VI Collections, so they should work in your VI Pro Sample Player.

However, I can see that you have not switched to iLok yet for your other VI Collections. So I assume you are still running the eLicenser version of VI Pro, which will NOT work with iLok versions.

In a nutshell: You need to download EVERYTHING you see under NOT INSTALLED in your Vienna Assistant, also the sample content for iLok.

This is how to make the switch to iLok, step by step.

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply, you are absolutely correct. I haven't yet downloaded the iLok versions of the libraries, I need to do that. Is it best for me to wait until I am finished with a project before making the switch, or will I still be able to open all my old VI Pro templates and matrices?

Many thanks!

• Hi Pyre, 

If you have enough space, you can already download and install the new iLok Sample Content, and simply stick to your eLicenser software and content until you make the switch. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL