Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,384 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@Guin said:

Although I didn't have any crash so far with my Kontakt instances, I noticed that they seem to not be working once I reload a project file. The first time they work fine, it's only after reloading it that the issue starts - that said, it's not on every instance and/or instrument, which is really weird...

Same here on EW Opus. Also happens when disable/enabling. Sometimes Opus makes a project crash on re-loading. (VST2 version working normally).

I'm reading reports that VE Pro is sending out blanket zero values on all CCs on a reload / enable of a VST3. That would likely explain a lot of the problems.

• Hi noiseboyuk, 

Just checking: Are you really still on Windows 7?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Ha, no I'm not! need to update that sig now... Win 10, VEP 7, Cubase 12.

• Hi Paul, congratulations on the new update. Sadly for me, now that I've updated Logic Pro X doesn't load. It gets stuck half way through going it's loading program. I was able to bypass this on my original machine (Mac Pro 2013) by 'rolling back' to an earlier version of VEP7 but I'm currently working on an alternative machine (also a MacPro 2013) and the option to do this is missing from the page on Vienna Assistant. 

So to give you context. I launch VEP7 which loads fine. Then I launch Logic X and it gets stuck midway through loading and won't budge. Are you able to send me a link to download the previous version of VEP7 please?

Many thanks in advance

Chris

MacPro Late 2013

OS 10.14.6

64GB Memory

VEP7

Logic X

• I am facing VEP crashes with Kontakt 7 while disabling/enabling instances. Without disabling/enabling, no crashes. (VST2 version of Kontakt 6 working normally).

I have tried Audiobro, 8dio, and Zero-G libraries so far. 

Note: Only VEP crashes. Nuendo does not crash. All of the software has the latest updates.

• last edited
    last edited

1. please include an listing for the VST3 folders as well as the VST!!

Now, VePro seems to just scan all VST3 which is a pain. Since I still install my important VST3 in other folders than the default VST3 windows folder, I like to have the ability to exclude the default path from being scanned.

2. the SKIP button is not working. It should radically stop scanning the current plugin but it just keeps on going and going - f.e. on U-HEs Zebrify

Screenshot

• I noticed the black Kontakt 7 GUI is showing if you switch back and forth from mixer to the instrument or close/reopen the instrument.

• Have just tried the latest Beta 7.2.1494 on Win 10 Pro - https://vi-control.net/community/threads/vep7-whats-new-and-improved-v7-2-1481-2023-01-19-vst3-hosting.81869/page-7#post-5280775 . I think some progress, but still some problems.

The following VST3 plugins all failed the scan:

iZotope
    Tonal Balance Control 2
    Neutron 3 eq/compressor
    Breaktweaker
    Ozone 9 eq
    RX6 de-esser
    RX7 monitor
    RX8 voice de-noise

Korg
    Polysix

VIR Harmonic
    Bohemian Cello

Steinberg
    Spectralayers

u-he
    ZebraHZ

I'd been having problems with East West Opus (current version) on the previous build. While it scanned, it would crash sometimes on disable/enable or a project load, or if it did re-load it would be silent.

On this beta build it seems to disable/enable fine and the project loads fine if enabled. However if I load the project with Opus in a disabled state, it crashes VE Pro.

Thanks for your continued work on the problem.

• Hello again!

I've tried the new VEPro version, and converted all Kontakt instances to VST3. All of the issues I mentioned before are now gone! Thank you, VSL!

That said, the EW Play engine isn't yet available to use as a VST3 plugin. It's listed on the Preferences Menu / Avaliable Plugins, but I can't assign it on the Mixer window.

Thank you for your time!

• Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback!

Please let us know if anything slipped through, we're confident that most reported bugs have been fixed!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Thanks for the feedback!

Please let us know if anything slipped through, we're confident that most reported bugs have been fixed!

Best, 
    Paul

Hello again,

Yes, I can report that all issues I mentioned before have been solved. Nice job! It's great to finally have the chance to load Steinberg VST instruments again on VEPro. Oh, and the EW Play VST3 engine became available after rescanning all plugins!

There's just a couple more issues that seem to have occured. Didn't notice them because these aren't currently on my template.

• All IK Multimedia instruments I own (Sampletank 4 and Syntronik 2) imediately crash VEPro once they're loaded.
    • When searching for the plugins, I noticed that the search function stopped on Youlean Loudness Meter 2 plugin. Skipping it and rescan it manually solverd the problem.

That's about it all. Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

Thank you again for your time!

• last edited
    last edited

@iftekharulanam said:

I am facing VEP crashes with Kontakt 7 while disabling/enabling instances. Without disabling/enabling, no crashes. (VST2 version of Kontakt 6 working normally).

I have tried Audiobro, 8dio, and Zero-G libraries so far. 

Note: Only VEP crashes. Nuendo does not crash. All of the software has the latest updates.

All those issues seem to be solved by the 7.2.1495 update. Thank you, VSL.

• Hi, 

Thanks for your replies!

Just cleaning up, with another improved version in the pipeline, so please keep it coming!

Best, 
    Paul

• Hi Paul,

Maybe it's me, but where can i find the download for the latest update?

Auto update doesn't work anymore and can't find anything in my account.

latest version i have is 7.0.1120 NOV-23 2021

Thanks in advance!

• Only the iLok version is being updated. You get that through the Vienna Assistant

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Thanks Bill!

Just downed the assistant! 

• Just updated to the latest version, but got some weird thing going on.

With the fresh plugin scan it keeps hanging on an error with the following plugins Izotope Breaktweaker or Relay VST3 ( latest versions )

VST2 loads without errors

The weird thing is that the vst3 works normal with Cubase / FL / Ableton.and StudioOne.

Someone else bumping to this challenge?

• Ok, it seems I found a new issue.

When I try to connect a new pre-made instance of VEPro on Cubase 12, it's not listed on the plugin.

Even worse, if I disconnect an instance and try to reconnect it, it happens the same.

• Hi, 

Thanks for posting. 

Can you please be so kind and add your OSs and used versions (DAW, VE Pro) with any reports? We can play detective and look for that information in all your other postings, but we are loosing time unnecessarily. 

THANKS!

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Thanks for posting. 

Can you please be so kind and add your OSs and used versions (DAW, VE Pro) with any reports? We can play detective and look for that information in all your other postings, but we are loosing time unnecessarily. 

THANKS!

Paul

Sorry for the lack of info:

• AMD Ryzen 7 3700X, 64GB RAM DDR4 3200MHz with Windows 11 Pro up to date
    • Latest VEPro version
    • Cubase 12.0.52 Build 393

Another info that might help and I just noticed. I started a new blank project on Cubase. Since it's possible to see the server reference, I placed manually the info of both the server, and the instance. Once I did that, when opening the second VEPro instrument plugin, it actually showed all available instances. If I disconnect all of them, the instances can't be automatically found again.