Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,449 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 16 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• VEPro 5/7

I've been using VEPro 5 for years. Never felt the need to update.I will be getting a Mac Studio soon and figured now is the time to upgrade but I have several questions. I will have the main Mac Studio, 2 PCs (Windows 10) and a Mac Mini (currently running Mojave). I assume it is not possible to use VEPro 5 and 7 on different computers, is that correct?

Since I have 4 computers and only 3 are sample farms (I dont use VEPro on the main mac at this point), will I still only need 3 licenses? I assume the server is included with each license.

Can Mojave handle VEPro 7?

Is authorization now only iLok? All the farms have the eLicenser dongle, are they still usable? Can the license be stored on the computer itself?

Thanks.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Dave,

Your assumption is correct, different versions of VE Pro will not connect.

In your case, you will indeed need 3 licenses and now is the best time to upgrade (Black Friday), and VE Pro 7 will work fine on macOS 10.14 Mojave. You will need at least 2 physical iLok keys for your setup (as explained in the linked video above). With our permanent licenses, you can use the iLok Cloud or iLok keys to store the licenses.

We are strictly handing out iLok licenses now.
    Your eLicenser keys will keep working with eLicenser VSL license, but of course not with iLok.

Hope that helps.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Vienna Instruments Pro on