Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,457 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 57 new user(s).

• Request: Re-channelize CC's and/or better CC list organization

I have run into something of a hassle using some synth plugins in VEP. Hoping for both a short term solution and future improvement to VEP.

Some plugins make use of a global CC mapping that specifies channels. Uhe DIVA, for instance, expects CC messages to come in on a specific channel. To my knowledge there is no way to make it omni (though I'm happy to be wrong if someone knows otherwise!). As a result, mapping performance controls is pretty annoying, since they must either be duplicated inside the plugin (one copy of every mapping for each channel that DIVA is used on in the template) or must be individually mapped in VEP. The latter option seems better, but then the list of MIDI CC mappings in VEP grows pretty long. In short, I'd like:

1) The ability to re-channelize MIDI coming into an instrument (eg, I send it from my DAW on channel 5, but can then change it to channel 1 before it hits the VI)

and 

2) The ability to easily rearrange or organize MIDI assignments in VEP's MIDI controller list, so I can keep it tidy. Maybe folders that group it by channel or plugin? Something to bring some order to the list would be helpful.