Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,678 users have contributed to 42,622 threads and 256,578 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 29 new post(s) and 44 new user(s).

• SOLVED MAC VEP7 Getting A Mixer Channel Into A Folder

Hi Everybody,

I have been trying, off and on, to get a mixer channel into a folder, and I have re-read the instructions countless times ... but i just can't do it.  I must be missing something.

I'm using MAC VEP7 Instances.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Dave

• Same problem here

• last edited
    last edited

Hi guys,

You will see a yellow/orange line when you drag one or more channels on top of a folder channel (scroll down until you see the pic above the "Folders" chapter). As soon as the lowest part of that yellow line is "cut off", you can drop the channel(s).

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  •  

Thanks for the explanation, Paul

What I was missing is the need to toggle the little arrow on the Folder to hide  / display the Channels in the Folder ... It all works very well ... Thanks Again

Hope this helps Andrepoll too (if this was your problem)

Dave

BUT NOW I DON'T KNOW HOW TO REMOVE A CHANNEL FROM A FOLDER, AND RETAIN IT IN THE LINEUP OF NON-FOLDER CHANNELS

SOLVED ...  JUST DRAG IT OUT 

• last edited
    last edited

Great 👍

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Sorry to bring this topic back from two years, but I think what the original poster and both see as confusing is that when a folder is open, there is no indentation of the channels within it. That makes it look like the channels aren't actually in the folder.

Unless I'm missing how to indent them manually

I wish graphic developers would still consider hierarchy and indentation (basically what we used to call outlines in English) an important visual reference for easy navigation. Having ana actual subset (i.e. something residing in a folder) and then not showing that visually is shooting your visuals in the foot. Does that make sense? It doesn't help one at all because the meaning of the subset is negated in the visual. The visual does not acknowledge the subset exists. But in use, the subset is very much there. This is why it was driving the OP crazy and he thought he was doing something wrong.

I've seen it far too much in "modern" interfaces. For instance Berlin SINE interface is infuriating!! So confusing visually. The SINE mixer is almost impossible to quickly navigate.

I have always liked VE Pro's interface (well, except for the original version which was along the lines of SINE, I'm afraid), but VE Pro still has room for improvement.

Thanks for listening!

M.