Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,398 users have contributed to 42,225 threads and 254,779 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 12 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• [SOLVED] CPU spike Synchronized solo strings Mac studio

Hello. I am getting CPU spikes and dropouts with only playing 1 instrument from solo strings inside Logic Pro. 
    The VI pro works fine, but the Synchron player spikes about every second or third note I play. Is this an M1 chip thing?

thanks

• Hi, 

That shouldn't be the case, definitely not on a M1 computer.
    Which setup are you working on, which latency settings?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul

Logic.

Buffer 256

Maudio Axiom

UAD Apollo x6 and twin

So still getting CPU spikes when I play just 1 solo cello full. If I play it for a while it does seem to get better? (Yes,  I am waiting for it to load, but it does load super fast with the Mac Studio). I added a full viola and violin track and but even while recording the 3rd instrument the Synchron cpu light goes red and it cuts out, every once next a while. The cpu is reading around 2 or 3%. Also when I just do a playback there was a bit of cut out as well. 
    thanks.

• Hi, 

Please send me such a quick Logic file to check: support@vsl.co.at. Did you try to run Logic in Rosetta Mode?

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hey Paul

Sorry,  I forgot I switched it out of Rosetta a few weeks back. It works just fine now. thanks.