Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,827 users have contributed to 42,323 threads and 255,179 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• gamed?  I think not.  They routinely sell their plugins for this kind of low price on various sales.  This is just another way for them to do that.  They choose to do this for their own commercial benefit.  That being said, when i get a chance I will look at the FAQ again to make sure I am not the one that got gamed heheheh but I don't think so...

• last edited
    last edited

This is what their forever plan says:

@Another User said:

• This way you grow your PA Collection, one by one, and if you stop the monthly plan you keep all the plugins you have already purchased. Forever!

I don't think that means it ends when you stop the subscription, I think it means you keep the purchases forever.  Its just a way for them to sell to me more plugins then I probably would otherwise get by inducing it each month.  I even saw an FAQ comment that once they send you the $1 coupon, you can save it and use it in the future if you don't use it now, even if you canceled the forever29 plan by then.

You are confusing the forever29 plan with some of their other mega plans that let you use all their plugins from a subscription fee, but the forever29 plan is something different and indeed it works out to $30 per plugin, keep the license forever. It is more like a stock option.  You are paying a subscription for the right to buy one plugin per month at $30.  

• Ask them directly in plain language. And tell us what they say. I think you're in for a disappointment.

The FAQs aren't the legal stuff. You need to look at the Terms of Service.

"The US 1st Amendment does NOT allow you to yell "FIRE!" falsely in a packed cinema, nor in an online forum." ~ Dobi (60kg Cane da pastore Maremmano-Abruzzese)
  • I'm not worried about it.  A lot of people are getting great results with this plan.  Its your choice to take advantage of the offer or not.  By the way, PA are offering this plan because they want to make money, and its not helpful to them for you to talk people out of it with false information.  In my view you are wading into a bad territory spreading false claims about a commercial offering.  VSL mods should take note.  Please go away and stop trashing yet another thread with your pettiness.

Here is the page for the forever29 plan for anyone that is interested:  https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/products/pa_forever_29.html

I have already purchased dearVRmonitor with it and loving it with MirPro3D, I can't even imagine mixing MirPro3D without it at this point.  

• I say again, you need to look at the Terms of Service.

I don't care what you can or can't convince yourself of. I do care about the risk of members of this forum being led up the garden path ..... again. Thanks anyway for your "confession. by projection".

"The US 1st Amendment does NOT allow you to yell "FIRE!" falsely in a packed cinema, nor in an online forum." ~ Dobi (60kg Cane da pastore Maremmano-Abruzzese)
  • Everyone is free to make their own choice.  I think you are completely wrong in your assumptions and this is a great way to get dearVRmonitor at a killer price.

I also asked dearReality directly if there is any difference between the version they sell on their website for $250 and the version being sold at PA, and they told me that although they would love for me to buy it directly from them for $250, there is zero difference and in fact when they sell a license directly they re-route the user to PA for it...so PA is really their main distributor...and for whatever the reason...PA is offering $30 deals on a regular basis.  High recommend dearVRmonitor for use with MirPro3D and also if you don't want to spend the high retail price, look out for PA sales...including the forever29 sale.

• I'm calling your bluff. Get the word from Plugin Alliance and show it here. Then we'll all know if your "trick" is a "steal" or not.

And if you can't bring yourself to approach PA to get to the truth of the matter, I'll do it. And if I have to do it, be assured, I won't spare your blushes when I report the facts you don't want to know.