Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,431 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,794 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 21 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Carlos,

The same thing happened to me. Make sure you delete the old vst mir plugin from the vst plugin folder. I had 2 plugins in the folder the old one and the new 3D one. As soon as I deleted the old one Cubase would load MIR projects correctly.

Dave

• last edited
    last edited

@Carlos Rocha said:

Hello

I upgraded to Vienna MIR PRO 3D.

Vienna MIR PRO stopped working when I installed Vienna MIR PRO 3D.

So I lose all projects in Cubase where I used Vienna MIR PRO plugin?

All settings are lost.

Regards

Carlos

Hi Carlos,

it's like Dave wrote: MIR Pro 3D is meant to replace legacy MIR Pro. They can't exsist side-by-side. This has been done to make the transition as painless as possible (... the new version is even called the same, from your host's POV). Soundwise the difference should be neglectable as long as you don't use any of the new features.

If you need bit-identical versions of older projects you can re-install legacy MIR Pro. Just make sure that you have the legacy RoomPacks available then.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Should legacy Rooms packs Vienna MIR PRO be deleted?

Or should they coexist with the Vienna MIR 3D Rooms packs?

Thanks

Carlos

• Haven't tested the sound, but the venues look nice! Pity that the stages without seats are a bit "boring". Maybe you could integrate, for example in the Synchron Stage, a back wall / panelling with lights or side walls with doors, the big video screen etc. ;)

I have some suggestions ...

• 3D venue control / movement with pressed and hold right mouse button instead of pressing another key (CMD on Mac).
    • Improved visibility of the grid. On the Synchron Stage, for example, it's impossible to see something.
    • Have a right click menu option for the role assignments (like for the instrument profiles).

... and one issue

• I have noticed when I select a preset (which is MIRx with legacy wording, right?), it chooses the right position and custom character EQ, but the room EQ isn't applied.

• last edited
    last edited

@Carlos Rocha said:

Should legacy Rooms packs Vienna MIR PRO be deleted? Or should they coexist with the Vienna MIR 3D Rooms packs? Thanks Carlos
    You can keep them both, even in the same folder.

• Hi Dietz,

I remember suggesting something almost exactly like MIR 3D a few years ago on the Steinberg Nuendo forum... Congratulations, MIR 3D looks simply amazing. Can't wait to plug it into my workspace.

All the best, António

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

... and one issue

• I have noticed when I select a preset (which is MIRx with legacy wording, right?), it chooses the right position and custom character EQ, but the room EQ isn't applied.

Would you do me a favour and send findings like this one directly to support@vsl.co.at, please? This will make things proceed much faster. TIA!

• last edited
    last edited

@inthefold said:

Hi Dietz,

I remember suggesting something almost exactly like MIR 3D a few years ago on the Steinberg Nuendo forum... Congratulations, MIR 3D looks simply amazing. Can't wait to plug it into my workspace.

All the best, António

😊 The really good ideas are always floating in the air at some point, it seems ...

• You were already working on MIR 3D at the time. You probably don't remember but you replied to the post and told me. Going down memory lane: https://forums.steinberg.net/t/future-contingents-playthrough-visualizer-and-spatializer/138041

All the best, António

• Ahhh! Yes, indeed. Thank you for refreshing my memory! :-)

• Hi Dietz,

Have been experimenting with MIR 3D and I really like the new RAW Ambisonics Order 3 main microphone. However when I save a project (Windows 11,Sibelius, VEP7 server, MIR3D) and reopen there is no Audio until I switch the microphone to the default and then back to Ambisonics Order 3. Seems like a small bug. The new software is great thought. Nice Job.

Dave

• Hi Dave,

could it be that the issue you seem to encounter is related to other influence factors than just using 3HO as output format? I just tested it in Nuendo, and the project re-opens as expected, with the setup I saved.

Best,

• Does not work in Cubase 9.5.50

Windows Version10.0.19043 Build 19043

No matter what I do, the "server" window will not appear. I see the little rectangular panel, where you can adjust wet/dry, bypass, solo etc but not the MIR software itself with the 3d space and all the functionality to actually use the bloody thing. Spent hours trying, please help! Yes, I've clicked all the buttons.

The track is silent with the MIR inserted, when you press bypass in the MIR panel I hear the track dry, no MIR happening. not a sausage,

Cheers Chaz

• Hi Chaz,

please get in contact with support@vsl.co.at - VSL's support team will sort out the issue swiftly. Please include as many information about your setup as possible, and it might be a good idea to supply an exemplary project that shows the problematic behaviour.

Thanks for your patience!

• Hi there

is anyone using MIR Pro 3D on an i5 machine? Does it work fine?

• I deleted the old MIR Pro plugins but now when I load a project created with the older MIR Pro Cubase doesn't find the plugin anymore so it doesn't load MIR Pro. I also tried to reinstall MIR Pro 3D but nothing changed

• Make sure that you have installed the VST2 version of MIR 3D when you want to migrate legacy projects in Cubase, please.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

Make sure that you have installed the VST2 version of MIR 3D when you want to migrate legacy projects in Cubase, please.

Hi Dietz, 

I was about to write an update since I made further tests. Basically, Cubase 11 opens these projects correctly while Cubase 12 doesn't. I suppose it's because the plug-in version I used on the older MIR was a 32-bit version? In Cubase 12 I see the Mir PRO VST2 in the VST Plug-in Manager blocklisted because "32-bit plugins are no longer supported", it says. 

• Just to be absolutely sure that I understand the issue correctly: Your old Cubase projects use (legacy) MIR Pro 32-bit? Then you have to make the transition to MIR 3D on Cubase 11 or earlier indeed. There's not much we can do about ...

• Sounds so fantastic! I think MIR 3D is wholly the game changer of the audio history. 

Just wish the 7th roompack - outdoor stage as like forest, lake... 

almost VSL libraries, Mac m1 ultra, Nuendo/Studio One