Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

184,020 users have contributed to 42,334 threads and 255,224 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 45 new user(s).

• iLok Version Old Projects Compatibility Query

Hi,

I have watched a few videos and trawled a few web pages but I am still seeking clarification on how the new iLok VSL Libraries will work when opening projects that were done with eLicenser libraries. It seems that you have to keep the elicense library on a drive and the Steinberg dongle attached, open an old project and then what? Does the software automatically know to revert to the ilok version? Or do you have to manually load up ilok players and libraries? I don't get it. This is from the Forum on Synchron:

COMPATIBILITY: Under the iLok system, you will still be able to open existing projects as long as the eLicenser is connected. Once the project has been saved again, the eLicenser will no longer be required.

But there's a lack of detail here. And what about non-Synchron projects? Do they work the same way?

I don't want to download all the ilok libraries and install them, press delete elicense libraries and then find I can't open existing projects. But I also don't have enough drive space to have both ilok and elicense libraries in co-eistence.

Many thanks in advance for any clarification on this transition process.

Russell

Mac 5,1 12 core 3.46GHz Xeon, 64Gb RAM, 10.14.6, Pro Tools 2021.12, Logic Pro 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Russel,

Please find more information here!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • BenB Ben moved this topic from General & Hardware on