Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,665 users have contributed to 42,250 threads and 254,883 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• The [SOLVED] heading was applied in early April when Paul was told that the latest version fixed "everything", but it did not, and that version on Macs is working very poorly if it works at all. On Windows I doubt the new version works (none of my projects would load when I used the previous version, and I find no mention of it working for Windows users anywhere in the forum still). 

The long and the short of it is you will have to revert to the eLicenser versions of your libraries, Synchron Player and VEP plugins.

I will not trust any new versions for at least a year at this point. I have lost nearly a thousand dollars in billable hours in time wasted trying to get this to work. The eLicenser versions work just fine.

Do NOT try to install the Futanaro Flute freebie, as it only installs via the Vienna Assistant that that installation will break your Synchron Player if still using the eLicenser versions.

Terry

• The projects invalid was fixed at that time, and very quickly. It's unfortunate that SOLVED in the title, as many problems appeared since.
    I "lost" my dongle, and I didn't see it as too viable to buy Vienna Protection beforehand for such a short time so I was forced to go iLok. If I had jobs during this I would absolutely stick with what works. 1120 on the elicenser. Right now it's all functional, except that one of two instances in a Server Project load in the default window rather than remember both, for some reason. VSL advises the two can't be mixed.

• the free flute has to be activated to disk, actually, so does the BBO free 

• last edited
    last edited

@civilization 3 said:

the free flute has to be activated to disk, actually, so does the BBO free 

Yes, that is what I did, but it installed the iLok version of Synchrony Player, so it could no longer see my eLicenser licensed Big Bang or introductory Synchrony libraries.

I will give the iLok installations a try one more time on a safe machine!

[EDIT: I have installed the LATEST versions using Vienna Assistant onto my Windows 10 machine and the MAS plugins are installed and are working.]

Terry

• Also having a lot of problems with this ILok change over.  In particular with VEP Pro 7.  Crashes all the time when i load it.  Everything is updated...ILok...elicense...using the latest DP11. 

It's a bug that needs to be fixed. 

• I am back up and running after downloading a pre-iLok VEP7. Incidentally the ā€œrollbackā€ option in Vienna Assistant didnā€™t work from me, but a manual uninstall followed by an install using the link below worked. (This is from an email I received from VSL support and it solved my problem.)

Please manually(!) uninstall VE Pro with the provided Uninstaller from your VE Pro application folder, then manually(!) re-install VE Pro 7.1.1263 from the direct link below. And of course please make sure that MAS is checked in the Installer:

https://beta.vsl.co.at/user/ViennaEnsemblePro-macOS-7.1.1263-iLok.zip

• Uninstalled VEP 7 manually and went back to version 1120 but it's still crashing!!

• I used the info in daerp's message above and rolled back to 7.1.1263 and it's all working now!

• Hope this helps somebody:

After transitioning to iLok and updating VE Pro from 7.0.1120 to 7.1.1298, I was unable to open any of my VESP64 projects, and unable to import a single instance from any of those project to a new project. Tried everything suggested on various posts uninstalled/reinstalled around a dozen combinations of old/new versions of VE Pro 7, manually and via Vienna Assistant. None of it worked, just kept getting the dreaded "instance invalid" messages. For no logical reason whatsoever I decided to open the eLicenser Control Center (which should be redundant after having migrated to iLok, right?) on my server computer and check for updates. As soon as I updated eLicenser Control Center from v 6.11 to v6.12.8.3308, I was able to open every single project/instance!

So if anyone is having issues with invalid VE Pro 7 projects/instances after migrating to iLok, try updating eLicenser Control Center to the latest version (currently v6.12.8.3308) and see if it works for you too. Make sure you have the eLicenser dongle connected to your server computer when you try to open the FIRST project created in VE Pro 7.0.1120. I removed the dongle once I was able to open the first project, and was able to open all my other projects (each around 15-20 instances, with each instance having 10-16 instruments, i.e. not exactly small projects) without the dongle connected.