Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,508 users have contributed to 42,234 threads and 254,829 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 24 new post(s) and 46 new user(s).

• New in VSL world

Hello From Canary Island,I bought SYNCHRON-ized Volumes 1 and 4,I know to add Output in Synchron Player but I don't Know how add another Instruments in this new channel, help me VSL community...thanks in advance

• Hello Martin and welcome to the forum. Synchron player is not a multitimbral instrument, you need another instance of synchron player if you want to load another instrument. If your host has a limit on the number of VSTi:s possible to add, you might want to check out the free Vienna Ensemble:

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Software/Vienna_Ensemble

Kind regards
    Niklas

• https://www.vsl.info/en/manuals/synchron-player/mix-tab

THANKS to write

I see in this picture three instruments in outputs STRINGS WOODWINDS BRASS

I don't understand then

• Fj, strictly speaking it's true to say that the Synchron Player cannot be used as a mulitimbral player, in the sense that it cannot separate multiple incoming channels of MIDI notes, routing each channel to a specific instrument assigned to that channel, and play mutliple such channels polyphonically. Synchron Player is "blind" to actual MIDI channel assignments within all MIDI events routed to it - it responds to them as if they are all on one MIDI channel.

However, it is certainly possible to construct Synchron presets that play multiple different instruments in unison, or else play only one instrument or some subset of various instrument patches loaded, according to the Dimension tree structure with its associated instrument patches, and to the Dimension column selection controllers (plus perhaps other automation) active at any one moment. Of course such mutli-instrument constructions would depend on what Synchron, Synchronized and Big Bang patches you have in your collection, and on how you might choose to organise the Dimension Tree and the patches within it.

To a limited extent, Synchron Dimension structures can in fact support polyphony across two or more different instruments in one Synchron Player. This requires exploitation of the different note-ranges played by different instruments. For example there are "all strings" presets in certain libraries, constructed from regular violin, viola, cello and contrabass patches.

I'd suggest you give yourself plenty of time to get to know the Synchron Player and its Presets, Patches, and Dimension Tree structure. It's designed to be easy to play straight out the box, and yet it's also capable of much customised complexity, depending on how far you want to take it.