Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,455 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,079 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 58 new user(s).

• Vienna Assistant Not Installling VST2 in Set Location

I installed the Synchron player/pianos/harp along with Vienna Suite Pro and set the path for VST2 plugins in preferences to Program Files\Common Files\VST2. After installing however, I noticed that It installed them in Program Files\Common Files\Steinberg\VST2. I'm not sure why it is doing this, but say if another third party app needed to access these plugins, it can't find them. If I open up say NI Komplete Control, they don't show up unless I manually dray the VSL VST2 plugins to the ProgramFiles\VstPlugins folder. However, I'm not sure by manually dragging plugins if this will screw things up for the Vienna installer? I just tried setting the Vienna Assistant path for VST2 plugins to Program Files\VstPlugins and uninstall/re-installed the Synchron Pianos player. It again installed it in the Steinberg folder and nothing in the VstPlugins folder that I set.

• Fist sentence should read:

I installed Synchron player/pianos/harp as well as Vienna Suite Pro and set path for VST2 plugins in Vienna Assistant to Program Files\Common Files\VST2 under Windows 11.

• Please note that the latest version of Vienna Assistant (v1.0.0.126) is still installing VST2 plugins in the wrong location. The app appears to be ignoring whatever location you set in preferences and installing the VST2 plugins in Program Files\Common FIles\Steinberg\VST2. This works for Steinberg products such as Cubase, but other 3rd party apps will not see these plugins unless they are manually dragged into a common folder such as Program Files\VstPlugins. This of course will more than likely cause issues for Vienna Assistant, especially when uninstalling or updating plugins. (see attached screenshot for details)

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Finally fixed with latest update.

Here is more information.

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • BenB Ben moved this topic from General & Hardware on