Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,145 users have contributed to 42,379 threads and 255,428 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 10 new post(s) and 55 new user(s).

  • [SOLVED] iLok problem with Logic Pro

    I was really excited to hear that I might finally be able to use my Vienna libraries without a dongle attached to my computer, but I'm encountering a major problem. My licenses all transferred fine, and I figured before I erase all of the eLicenser libraries, I would try to make the transition with one instrument. I picked the Bösendorfer Imperial (Legacy). I installed the iLok version of that instrument library, started a cloud session via the iLok app, erased the eLicenser version of that library, and opened up Logic Pro. I loaded Vienna Instruments Pro into a track and selected a patch. The Bösendorfer played just fine without the eLicenser plugged in.

    I then saved that project and reopened it. Everything about the project was the same (as expected), except that the Vienna Instruments Pro plugin (compatibility version) had not retained the patch I selected. I dragged the Close Mic patch back to A1 and it once again played fine. I saved the project again and reopened it. Once again the Vienna plugin forgot the selected patch. I tried this experiment multiple times but I could never get the plugin to retain the patch.

    This is annoying with one track, but as I imagine opening the projects where I have 30-50 instruments, it clearly doesn't seem worth it as I don't want to have to remember which patch I selected for every track and reset them individually every time I open the project.

    I don't know if anyone else is encountering this problem, but I'd love some advice if there's a way to fix this. I'd love to be able to convert my eLicenser libraries to iLok without sacrificing basic functionality.

    I'm using Logic Pro 10.7.3 on an M1 Max MacBook Pro running macOS 12.3. 


  • Hi, 

    Thanks for the report. 

    We'll check this right away and provide a fix. 

    Best,
    Paul


    Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

    On Sun, March 20 2022 20:15 I posted this in MISSION COMPLETED: Moving from eLicenser to iLok

    " I made the transition to iLok.

    I opened a song I did in logic a few years ago and got this message.

    The plug-in named "Vienna Inst" isn't available on your system. Choose another plug-in, or quit Logic Pro and install the plug-in on your iMac in order to use it in the project.

    I am able to load Vienna Instruments Pro but it did not reassign all the sounds in my project. I would have to manually reassign it myself. Hmm, not what I was looking forward to doing."

    I already reached out to support@vsl.co.at Hopefully, they can resolve this issue soon.

    Logic Pro 10.7.3, iMac, Big Sur 11.6.4


  • last edited
    last edited

    This happens before, I had this problem but I cannot remember how I fix it

    VSL please help

    Best

    Cyril

     

    @Mr_Mustafa said:

    On Sun, March 20 2022 20:15 I posted this in MISSION COMPLETED: Moving from eLicenser to iLokMISSION COMPLETED: Moving from eLicenser to iLok 

    " I made the transition to iLok.  

    I opened a song I did in logic a few years ago and got this message.

    The plug-in named "Vienna Inst" isn't available on your system.  Choose another plug-in, or quit Logic Pro and install the plug-in on your iMac in order to use it in the project. 

    I am able to load Vienna Instruments Pro but it did not reassign all the sounds in my project.  I would have to manually reassign it myself.   Hmm, not what I was looking forward to doing."

    I already reached out to support@vsl.co.at  Hopefully, they can resolve this issue soon. 

    Logic Pro 10.7.3, iMac, Big Sur 11.6.4


    MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" - 1 x 27" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D Dolby Atmos --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Hi Paul,

    Thanks for your response. I tried opening the iLok manager again today and it automatically updated. I also updated the Vienna Assistant. After this, I tried opening my test project in Logic Pro again and this problem is no longer an issue. I'm going to proceed with installing the iLok version of VI solo strings to see if that works as well.

    Thanks,
    Justin