Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,478 users have contributed to 42,300 threads and 255,084 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 11 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Specific iLok-upgrade question: migrate to new Mac

Hi I just bought a new MacBook Pro M1Max. Currently, all VSL products (VI, SY, Mir Pro, Mirx, Ensemble Pro 7, Instruments Pro) are installed on a Mac Mini (last Intel version). I have not yet configured the new MacBook as of now, nor have I made the change to iLok on the Mac Mini, yet. What I am planning to do is to migrate the entire Mac Mini setup and software to the MacBook via their migration tools. Since I am still not „greenlit“ for the iLok-conversion in my VSL account and wanted to perform the „Mac migration“ this weekend: How would I later on perform the switch to iLok, so BOTH the Mac Mini and the MacBook Pro will be able to access the library content sitting on external SSDs and the locally installed VSL software? Or must I wait with the migration, until I can completely convert my Mac Mini VSL installation and later on migrate/clone the updated Mac Mini to the MacBook Pro? Goal in both cases is to have a working setup on both machines, iLok being the key to switch between computers. Kind regards Joerg

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Jörg,

I green-lighted you. 

Tip for specific requests: support@vsl.co.at ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

Thank you, Paul - very kind of you. 
    I posted this in the forum, since I thought, others might eventually come across the same or a related question, so they can profit from it.  
    iLok conversion was done in a split second.
    Currently reinstalling the libraries on dedicated SSDs, with some real problems, since Vienna Assistant repeatedly crashes my MacMini 6-core i7 3.2 GHz 64GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7.   
    Once I got more details, I'll contact support...
    Kind regards
    Joerg

@Paul said:

I green-lighted you.  Tip for specific requests: support@vsl.co.at ðŸ˜Š

Best, 
    Paul

• BenB Ben moved this topic from General & Hardware on