Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

189,016 users have contributed to 42,641 threads and 256,692 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 8 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• OSX Mojave VEP RPO7 Standalone no audio input

Hi all,

I've got VEP7 since few years ago and i never used it as Standalone, except recently when i try to use it as a Mixing and Vsti Host.

With any vsti, no pb at all, i can play and hear plugin normaly. But when i add audio input track ( with correct setting audio routing like simple Mic entry), ther is no signal input... It's like the audio Input doesn't work whit the VEP7 standalone .

Have you already seen this before  or is it just normal that audio inputs doesn't work with the standalone app ?

Thanks to help me

Regards

• Hi air-v, 

I'm afraid Audio Inputs will only be available when using VE Pro in server mode, connected to a sequencer (also due to latency compensation). 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul,

I've found tricky solution but working. I'm using Loopback to create many channel and switch card setting to Loopback session i've created.

In routing section, i've select all input and disable IN1 and IN2 to avoid larsen feedback if i badly manage in Loopback

For Output, it's just add 1 pair connected on Loopback IN 1 & 2

Every Cabling part is done on Loopback.For this example i route my Mic and external app (Spotify) to Vienna

@ Source side i add Spotify App and Motu Device and connect them on Loopback output channels (spotify 3&4), mic on 5&6... Any entry can be route on 1 or many channels .depends of your Loopback settings but don't forget to avoid  1&2

All new Loopback output channelI generate new enrty in pass thru but you just need to connect PASS-Thru  1&2 to Output Channel 1&2 and connect it to Motu card to hear something.

It's little messy and tricky but working. Only testing with little process, and notify the Audio setting in VEP should not be touch to manage routing. Only on loopback.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Herve

• Hi Herve, 

Thanks for posting that update! Clever thinking!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Friend, how can I do this using loopback? I'm a bit confused. I want to send an audio input from my interface to Vienna and I can't. Could you make a video to help?

@air-v said:

Hi Paul,

I've found tricky solution but working. I'm using Loopback to create many channel and switch card setting to Loopback session i've created.

In routing section, i've select all input and disable IN1 and IN2 to avoid larsen feedback if i badly manage in Loopback

For Output, it's just add 1 pair connected on Loopback IN 1 & 2

Every Cabling part is done on Loopback.For this example i route my Mic and external app (Spotify) to Vienna

@ Source side i add Spotify App and Motu Device and connect them on Loopback output channels (spotify 3&4), mic on 5&6... Any entry can be route on 1 or many channels .depends of your Loopback settings but don't forget to avoid 1&2

All new Loopback output channelI generate new enrty in pass thru but you just need to connect PASS-Thru 1&2 to Output Channel 1&2 and connect it to Motu card to hear something.

It's little messy and tricky but working. Only testing with little process, and notify the Audio setting in VEP should not be touch to manage routing. Only on loopback.

Hope it helps.

Cheers

Herve