Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,489 users have contributed to 42,233 threads and 254,817 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 6 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Buzzing in Bluethner 1895 - any advice?

I've noticed what sounds like some pretty artificial-sounding buzzing in some samples in the mid-high range on the Synchron Bluethner piano. It's most noticeable on A3 and A#3, but present on several other notes around middle C. Present with all mics, but most noticeable in the close mics. Tested with multiple sets of headphones and my NV10's internal speakers. Someone else has mentioned this in a review (kindly pointed out on anther forum): https://pianoclack.com/forum/d/231-my-vsl-bluthner-1895-experience

When I contacted VSL support, they suggested this was part of the character of the piano and could be EQ'd out. I'm no engineer (just an amateur pianist) and haven't had any luck with the EQ'ing (to get a meaningful reduction in the buzzing, I've had to EQ out quite a wide frequency range, and I lose the attack and character of the piano).

Has any one else experienced this? Can anyone offer any advice? I find it fairly distracting when playing what is otherwise a fantastic instrument.