Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,454 users have contributed to 42,227 threads and 254,802 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 18 new post(s) and 47 new user(s).

• I'm glad you said this Steve:

"One issue for me is that my controller keyboard is Kawai fully-weighted piano action, and it is rough on the hands to perform glissandos on that keyboard. Of course, I could get an additional keyboard but if I am buying additional keyboards every time a plug in requires it I'm going to have to answer to my already very tolerant spouse for that!"

I recently played for (of all things) a production of "The Little Mermaid" which has numerous harp glisses. I only made it to the second song during sitzprobe before I had blood smeared across my keys from playing the glissandos. While I prefer performing glisses in pedal mode, there are many reasons triggerable (if that's a word) glisses are a necessary resource. For recent musical theater shows, the keyboard scores specifically call for glisses to be triggered because our hands are often too busy playing multiple other sounds/instruments. 

On a different note, I have noticed the lower range of the harp (staring around G/F3) is much softer than the mid & upper ranges even though the velocity is the same, almost a difference of 10db. I need to do a little more checking to make sure I didn't select something incorrectly, but I remember this happening when first testing it out. Thanks for your help!