Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

186,765 users have contributed to 42,477 threads and 255,923 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 38 new user(s).

• SY Perc 1 Timpani - Web Manual vs Actual

While preparing an expression map I looked at the web manual for the Timpani from Percussion 1 and noticed that the dimension arrangement in the manual differs from the actual setup in the Synchron Player. Should I assume my actual is not a defective installation and the web manual is not up to date?

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5
  • Hello DaddyO!

Did you install the Synchron Timpani I library update yet?
    https://www.vsl.co.at/SY_Library_Updates

This library update adds a new microphone setup and mixer presets. I guess that's why in the last dimension the different timpani are not layered in Synchron Player on your screenshot.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thanks Andi.

I was not aware there was an update from 2020. I bought the library in October. What libraries I usually buy I do so on release, so I'm not used to older libraries, where I should check the update downloads.

Hobbyist ... Sy Woods, Brass, Perc I, Str Pro, Elite Str, Duality Str & Sordino, Prime ... Sy-ized Woods, Perc, Solo Str, Ch Str, App Str, Harps, Choir, Dim Brass, Dim Strings ... VE Pro, MIR Pro 3D, Vienna Suite Pro ... Cubase 12, Studio One 6, Dorico 5