Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,412 users have contributed to 42,226 threads and 254,785 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 5 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 50 new user(s).

• Ack! I was so excited until I realized it wasn't VI Pro 2.... Can the fix implemented here apply to VI and VE Pro?

• The AU plugin from v1536 (beta) crashes with segfault and doesn't load in Logic Pro X for me -- The Logic Pro X host running under rosetta2 or natively. MacOS 12.0.1 (M1; arm64).

• last edited
    last edited

@JoelW said:

The AU plugin from v1536 (beta) crashes with segfault and doesn't load in Logic Pro X for me -- The Logic Pro X host running under rosetta2 or natively. MacOS 12.0.1 (M1; arm64).

That beta works fine for me in Studio One.

• After a week straight of working day and night, I finally was able to revert my MacOs and data to where I needed it to be. Everything works again for me. Had literally 10 long calls with Apple Support and even had to drive out of state twice to a service center.  (We kept finding solutions that got us 80% of the way there, but then would encounter an issue that would force me to pursue a different route.) I had to take significant time off from my day job. Ooof. It's been a loooong week but I'm happy it's over and I can now perform my gig this weekend.

The funny thing is, I didn't really intentionally upgrade to Monterey in the first place (where this whole problem began). I was in the App Store and downloaded MacOS Catalina 10.15, but after it downloaded, Apple then prompted me to install Monterey (not 10.15). Which I wasn't 100% cognizant of at the time. My mistake, but it felt like Apple misdirected me there.

I encountered this same thing this past week while trying to fix all my versioning issues. When I got to the point of downloading Catalina 10.15 or Big Sur 11.0, my computer would afterwards prompt me to download Monterey. To ACTUALLY install Catalina or Big Sur, you had to take a kinda weird route.

All of this is to say is that I think a lot of people will be having this issue in VSL, because even if they know they shouldn't download the latest MacOS yet, the system itself seems to kinda push users towards it.

• I will add that while the VI Pro plugin is now working for me in MainStage, the standalone VI Pro application crashes upon loading. I have not investigated this yet, as I don't really need the standalone app.

I am now on MacOS 11.6.1

• Yeah, brand new machine here, so no downgrade options.

• A couple of questions: 1) @JoelW, Is there any chance you could try it on the latest 12.1 beta—just in case the segfault is a system thing on Apple's end (i.e., in 12.0.1), not the VI?, and 2) where do the betas come from—are you guys testers, or is there a public repo for downloading them?

EDIT: Ah, sorry, I see that the Synchron Piano that was posted earlier is 1536. No use to me, unfortunately, as I'm on VI Pro 2.

• last edited
    last edited

@JoelW said:

The AU plugin from v1536 (beta) crashes with segfault and doesn't load in Logic Pro X for me -- The Logic Pro X host running under rosetta2 or natively. MacOS 12.0.1 (M1; arm64).

I can confirm that this beta version works well on a Intel (x86_64) mac with MacOS 12.0.1 as either a AU or VST3 plugin. On a M1 mac (arm64), it crashes. Looks like it's almost there.. Looking forward to a fix that works on both platform...

Reply to @jbm: I didn't have a chance to try Monterey 12.1, but I'm pretty sure it will not work on M1 macs either because this is the plugin's problem. 

• Hi everybody, 

Just sending out the links for our beta versions to everybody who contacted us. 

We will release these versions on monday, and of course we'll be happy about your feedback!

If you'd like to check those beta versions, please get in touch via support@vsl.co.at, I'll send the links to you asap. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • Hi Paul, it works perfectly, thanks for your effort

have a nice day Stan

• I can confirm that the new beta version (Synchron Piano 1538 and Synchron Player 2053, etc.) works well for me --- on a M1 mac with Logic Pro 10.7. Thanks VSL team for the fix and your support!

• Up and running with the UI again, on VI Pro 2, build 18664. Brilliant work from Paul and the VSL dev team!

Obviously this is Rosetta for now, but I'm not losing any sleep over it. :)

• Tested Betas on my Mac Mini M1 environment with Logic 10.7.1 and other platforms: all looks pretty nice (I love the new MacOS 12 graphic, the VSL GUI shines in it).

Functionality up to now didn't give any trouble, hopefully all was just around graphic management.

Looking forward to official release next week, great responsiveness guys!

• I can see the Synchron Player etc is now updated - thank you very much!

Vienna Imperial is still build 778 from 2019

Any news when this will be updated as well? I use this on a daily basis

Thank you very much and again thanks for all the help!

Thomas

• Happy to report that on a brand new install of Monterey (latest MacBook Pro M1 Max) the Vienna Instruments plug-in is now properly recognized by Logic (it wasn't showing up in the plug-in manager before today's update).

The GUI looks fine as well, although obviously I didn't know it wasn't working before since VI wasn't recognized at all :)

Thanks everyone at VSL for the quick turnaround, much appreciated!

Jerome

• last edited
    last edited

Great!

Downloaded, updated and everything is working well, we're back in action!

Thanks Paul [and the team] for update and the quick turnaround. Much appreciated.

G.

@Paul said:

Hi, 

I hope we can present working versions this week, but I'm afraid I can't make any promises. 

I will keep you up to date in this thread!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

+1

Do not forget to install all the updates in My VSL dated of 15 November

@SparkleHedgehog said:

This works in Monterey with Logic Pro X

You’re welcome â˜ș

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Same here VSL  does not work with logic 10.7.1 - Monterey 

• last edited
    last edited

@engineering said:

Same here VSL  does not work with logic 10.7.1 - Monterey 

Update all VSL software and IT WILL WORK

MacBook Pro M3 MAX 128 GB 8TB - 2 x 48" screen --- Logic Pro --- Mir Pro 3D --- Most of the VI libs, a few Synch... libs --- Quite a few Kontakt libs --- CS80 fanatic
  • Yes indeed, updates were fixing all the issues on my systems (both Intel and M1): always use the last version of course.