Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

188,328 users have contributed to 42,591 threads and 256,456 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 15 new post(s) and 36 new user(s).

• VePro multi-instance & Mir RoomTone

I am trying a new template approach, as I move to DP, and now I will be using multiple VePro instances...each will have its own MirPro room which I will need to make my own efforts to make sure each of these MirPro rooms are using the same basic settings, which is my problem to solve for now...

but the question is about RoomTone.  Presumably I don't want all 8 or 10 of these VePro instances to be bringing their own RoomTone feed back into my DAW.  Yes?

I have thought about using one dedicated VePro instance that only does one thing, bring in RoomTone, then I will remove RooMTone from all the other instances...since I never know ahead of time for sure which of those other instances I will be using in a project, not to mention, I'm not sure its correct to have RoomTone being fed 10 times into the DAW, seems like not.  

However, when I use a dedicated instance, I made sure to configure the MIR room.  It has a single channel with nothing but the RoomTone plugin.  However, no signal seems to be showing up according to the meters.  is RoomTone somehow dependent on there being at least one instrument in the VePro instancing feeding Mir with signal?  Does RoomTone change depending on how many instruments are feeding MIR?  What considerations should I make while utilizing RoomTone with a multi-instance VePro template?

• last edited
    last edited

@Another User said:

However, when I use a dedicated instance, I made sure to configure the MIR room.  It has a single channel with nothing but the RoomTone plugin.  However, no signal seems to be showing up according to the meters.  is RoomTone somehow dependent on there being at least one instrument in the VePro instancing feeding Mir with signal?  Does RoomTone change depending on how many instruments are feeding MIR?  What considerations should I make while utilizing RoomTone with a multi-instance VePro template?

RoomTone is independent from any instrument-related data (much like the noise floor of a room doesn't change when you put more chairs into it). It relies purely on the chosen Venue and the parameters set for the virtual microphone capsules. It should simply be added to all other signals.

For some halls like Synchron Stage the noise floor we measured was so low that it's hardly detectable on the meters. Oh, and there are some DAWs that don't start the generator unless there was either an input signal to that channel before, or a "Play" command that started the actual playback.

HTH, 

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Great idea about burning the room tone once. Thanks Dietz!