Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,376 users have contributed to 42,222 threads and 254,773 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 53 new user(s).

• Thanks Andi !!

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • Andi, I’ve seen that some articulations are missing from your expression maps for Dorico. Fast repetitions, rips, glissandos. Are they automated somehow else, or is it just that they were left out?

Paolo

• Also, long notes default to Con Fortissimo instead of Regular

Dorico, Notion, Sibelius, StudioOne, Cubase, Staffpad VE Pro, Synchon, VI, Kontakt Win11 x64, 64GB RAM, Focusrite Scarlett 18i20, August Forster 190
  • last edited
    last edited

@Bill said:

Also, long notes default to Con Fortissimo instead of Regular

Yes, I don't know if this is by choice, and which is the suggested strategy to then recall Regular. Maybe using the presets with a notation program doesn't even require this patch, since you always want access to the full dynamic range.

Paolo

• Hi Bill and Paolo!

Not all articulations can easily be triggered with a notation program. You can always make custom playing techniques if you want to trigger additional articulations. The con fortissimo patches have been chosen for Dorico to have the full dynamic range at hands. Normally you will not need the regular dynamic patches with Dorico.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Andi, thank you very much for clarifying.

Paolo

• Could you clarify which instruments should be used in Sibelius for Trombones a 9, Cimbasso and 'Low Brass'?

Thanks!

Callum

• Hello Callum!

For the Trombones-9 I would use the "Trombones a3" instrument from the Sibelius "Add or Remove Instruments menu".

For the cimbasso you can use the following instruments from the Sibelius "Add or Remove Instruments menu":
    Cimbasso in F, Cimbasso in Eb, Cimbasso in Bb

For the low brass group I would use the "Brass" instrument from the Sibelius "Add or Remove Instruments menu". You can remove the upper staff and only use the bass staff.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library