Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

183,050 users have contributed to 42,273 threads and 254,975 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 6 new post(s) and 52 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

Hi everybody,

We just released a software update for the Vienna Organ Player, with new features and some bug fixes that will come in handy!

Fabio Amurri has also created a video about his 5 Favorite Features of the Great Rieger Organ, and you can check out a video that takes you through the new features of the software update right here.

Of course there's also a changelog available and we have updated the online manual.

Enjoy!

Best,
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • 1) The Septime 1 1/7 is not really there for me. I say "not really" because there is a blank space in the GUI where it should be, but all that happens when I select it is that is goes red (see attached pic). Is there also a library update for this? I couldn't see one in my download area.

2) It would be great to have a means of selecting stops individually apart from NRPNs, BUT controllers are not much use because they are not channel-specific and, as I've said before, there aren't enough controllers to allocate one to each individual stop. In a multi-timbral source, you really ought to have most things channel-specific - if the stop selection were channel specific then there would be more than enough controllers to go round.

3) I can't seem get the stepper working. Not really important for me as I spent my entire organ-playing career on organs without steppers so I don't miss it, but several other people rate this feature as important.

4) The octave/sub-octave/unison off mechanism is still not manual-specific. Well, maybe you are still working on that :)

All of that said, combinations are looking good, and I really like the Clear button (it should be called "General Cancel", but "Clear" is shorter and simpler). And if I had to rate the Great Rieger Organ, I'd still give it at least 6 stars out out 5!

[EDIT] Forgot to mention the high-contrast option - much better for me with that enabled!

• Hi Angelus, 

Thanks for the feedback!

1) Please save your current state as a user preset, then reload that user preset - do you see the new stop now?

2) You could work on different MIDI channels for the different manuals. 

3) Stepper: What did you try? Clicking on it / or on the corresponding keyswitch should work right away.

4) Still on the list, that's correct.

Happy to see that you still like the organ!

Best, 
    Paul

• 1) Yes, that mostly fixed it. The button is still dark red when the stop is selected, but it does sound now. Thank you!
         [EDIT], sorry, I have to go back on that as I was just holding down a chord and then enabling/disabling various stops. So if I hold a note and enable the Septime then it sounds, but if I release the note then it keeps sounding. If I enable the Septime with no keys down then I don't hear it at all when I play. Let me try deleting the presets completely and re-installing.
         [EDIT 2], no, that didn't seem to make any difference.
         [EDIT 3] If I make a completely new project in Cakewalk and add the GRO, the Septime is no longer a strange colour or with sticking notes, and mostly it works but sometimes it doesn't sound at all! So I need to do some more experiments.

FINALLY - I worked out what is wrong - the Septime is sounding on the Solowerk MIDI channel, not the Schwellwerk! [EDIT] looks like this will be fixed in the next release.

2) But I do. I have the Hauptwerk on channel 1, Positiv on channel 2 and so on. Yet if I allocate a stop on the Hauptwerk, say, to CC 80 and then a stop on the Positiv also to CC 80, if I send CC80 to channel 1 to enable the Hauptwerk stop then the corresponding stop on the Positiv is also enabled.

3) After saving and loading the preset the stepper now works too!

4) Thank you.

And how could I not like the GRO? Now I can play it much more like a real organ than ever I could with the VI version, it brings tears to my eyes quite regularly.

• last edited
    last edited

• Thank you VSL people for this update. I tried the latest build 1.1.200, and voilĂ :

• Possibility to use key velocity (Settings/Engine)

This feature is really nicely implemented. I also like the Velocity Floor setting for key velocity.