Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,360 users have contributed to 42,221 threads and 254,768 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 3 new thread(s), 14 new post(s) and 56 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@PaoloT said:

Since Elite Strings don't contain sordino patches, I wonder how the muted strings in the Morricone demo was done. If this is not a secret of the composer, may I ask how this was achieved? A dedicated plug-in? The internal Synchron Player effects?

Paolo

Maybe a filter ? or some kind of an IR treatment ? 

• last edited
    last edited

@muziksculp said:

Maybe a filter ? or some kind of an IR treatment ? 

Maybe it's the plugin from Numerical Sound. Not the real thing, but still very usable in a mix.

Paolo

• I just tried "VSL for Dorico v1.0.67".  And it works ;-)  - Maybe delete this posting, the error was on my side.

There is a new Playback Template (Wiedergabevorlage) for VSL Synchron Elite Strings. Unfortunately, if I apply this template, it seems to load Solo String Presets from the SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition, not Patches from Synchron Elite Strings. I double checked my configuration, this seems to be a bug. Maybe you check it out when you get a chance.

Thanks for the library, it is excellent!

• last edited
    last edited

@PaoloT said:

Since Elite Strings don't contain sordino patches, I wonder how the muted strings in the Morricone demo was done. If this is not a secret of the composer, may I ask how this was achieved? A dedicated plug-in? The internal Synchron Player effects?

Paolo

Hi Paolo,

I achieved the sound with the Cloudburst signature preset as a starting point as this preset has a lot of high-frequency information. Then I added EQ and Exciter. I put the Exciter on everything, as I think it can make the orchestra breathe (but be careful with the settings, as you can overdo it easily). The EQ worked for this piece as it was short and didn't use chromatic material.

Erik

• last edited
    last edited

@erisno said:

I achieved the sound with the Cloudburst signature preset as a starting point

Ah, thank you very much for explaining it! All considered, you used ordinary tools to make something extraordinary. So, I guess it's more the ear than the tools!

Paolo

• Hi,

Can we still expect a detailed walkthrough video of VSL Synchron Elite Strings to be posted soon, or has VSL decided to not bother making a detailed video for this library ?  

I find it very odd that they would not make one. 

Thanks,

Muziksculp 

• last edited
    last edited

Hi muziksculp, 

Lots going on in Vienna right now, and luckily, a few reviewers have already found the time time to go though the library!

Find the growing YouTube playlist right here

Best,

Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • There is not a shred of doubt in my mind now: this library is something very, very special. Lots and lots of masterly finesse by these superb musicians has been so beautifully recorded and meticulously edited and prepared for our use. The result is so very VSL. Brava e bravo! Congratulations to the entire team!

In particular I was captivated and left deeply impressed by the sounds and abilities of Elite as demonstrated by Ruben on his HIFIMIDI YT channel (see Paul's YT playlist just above). Also thanks to Ruben, now for the first time I've really heard and understood the exquisite virtues of Agile.

Well I've tried to hold back but .... my bank account is going to be hammered yet again, lol.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi muziksculp, 

Lots going on in Vienna right now, and luckily, a few reviewers have already found the time time to go though the library!

Find the growing YouTube playlist right here

Best,

Paul

Hi Paul,

OK, Thanks. I will check the other non-VSL resources of Elite Synch. Strings. 

Looking forward to see more amazing libraries from VSL, Exciting times ahead ! 

Cheers,

Muziksculp 

• last edited
    last edited

Fantastic sound! Coherent, clear, right mood. Feels like real virtuoso playing. Good job guys! 👍👍👍

@Another User said:

Elite Strings has less overall articulations than Chamber Strings (especially if you include the sordino verisons), but the core articulations are comprehensively fleshed out, to the point where they become less like patches and more like playing styles....

I totally agree with other users! For a small size high quality orchestra would be great to get a bigger palette.😝

Paul, a suggestion if you don't mind:

Why don't go further?😊

Please consider recording a paid extension for Elite Strings. More articulations, intimate gentle and detailed stuff, dynamics, bow positions, effects (recorded, not made by plugins), finger technics etc. I'd be happy to buy an extension that will double-size the library. And I bet it's not only my point of view. Only keep the same attitude/mood/mindset of the performers to make it fit to what is already recorded.

Cheers!

P.S. Even if you don't make such an extension I am still happy to use this product. Thank you very much!

• last edited
    last edited

Hi alexandr, 

Noted 😊

No worries, we are recording like maniacs and there will be more products as we move along!

Best, 
    Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

No worries, we are recording like maniacs and there will be more products as we move along!

😂😂😂 👍

• This library is fantastic, a continuation (and expansion upon) the quality found in SSP.  How you got all those perf. interval patches to sound convincing with a multi-mic library at blazingly fast tempos is beyond me, but it's the best I've heard thus far.  Whatever you're doing, VSL, keep doing it!

Looking forward to Synchron Brass and Woodwinds!

• Hi Sam, 

Thanks for the thumbs-up! A great boost for our team!

Best, 
    Paul

• Love the elite-strings - they are a pleasure to use, play and listen to!

Just one thing:

The synchron-player should be able to show how many velocity layers are used and where the switching points are - would make some work a lot easier (just like the vi-player-pro did that) - please update this little feature or am I missing something (drives me "crazy" ;) ?

• Wow, I've wanted them for a long time, I think this is a great opportunity to buy them!