Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

185,701 users have contributed to 42,408 threads and 255,574 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 7 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 43 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

With a dongle you can take your license anywheres to any machine in any studio.

Why on earth would you want to?

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

With a dongle you can take your license anywheres to any machine in any studio.

Why on earth would you want to?

I gather you've never worked in in a studio other than you're own right? Been there/done that and not everyone has the same things you work with. Not all licenses are site-wide but only good for one person. And if I need to go to a backup machine having the license on a dongle makes it super easy. I guess you've never had a system take a dump on you.

•  

[/quote]I gather you've never worked in in a studio other than you're own right? Been there/done that and not everyone has the same things you work with. Not all licenses are site-wide but only good for one person. And if I need to go to a backup machine having the license on a dongle makes it super easy. I guess you've never had a system take a dump on you.

[/quote]

I've worked in lots of other studios but not one that had VEP installed and didn't have a dongle!

• last edited
    last edited

@beatpete said:

I gather you've never worked in in a studio other than you're own right? Been there/done that and not everyone has the same things you work with. Not all licenses are site-wide but only good for one person. And if I need to go to a backup machine having the license on a dongle makes it super easy. I guess you've never had a system take a dump on you.

[/quote]

I've worked in lots of other studios but not one that had VEP installed and didn't have a dongle!

[/quote]It may not be legit to use the studio's dongle - not sure that VSL grants site licenses.

•  

[/quote]It may not be legit to use the studio's dongle - not sure that VSL grants site licenses.

[/quote]

I'm not sure what that means but it's all moot because VSL is not going to have computer licenses anyway.

We either have to have a dongle or be connected 24/7 to the internet.

• last edited
    last edited

@beatpete said:

It may not be legit to use the studio's dongle - not sure that VSL grants site licenses.

[/quote]

I'm not sure what that means but it's all moot because VSL is not going to have computer licenses anyway.

We either have to have a dongle or be connected 24/7 to the internet.

[/quote]I never mentioned computer licenses. Strictly talking about dongles. And 24/7 connection to the net isn't going to happen unless VSL allows iLok Cloud. That's iffy at best and depends on a studio having it's machine online all the time.

• Hi,
    I'm considering to buy the voice complete, but I have an apple silicon computer. 
    I had a long and bad experience with the elicenser, and it's no longer working on m1 (not sad)
    But I don't want to spend money on something I can't use until ...

Any idea of the release of Ilok authorization ? (I guess this a question that all user in the forum are wondering)

• Hi, 

We will announce the transition to iLok as soon as everything is ready and tested. 

Here and via newsletter!

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • [quote=Charles-Zoltan de Leissègues;307610]

Hi,
    I'm considering to buy the voice complete, but I have an apple silicon computer. 
    I had a long and bad experience with the elicenser, and it's no longer working on m1 (not sad)

Any idea of the release of Ilok authorization ? (I guess this a question that all user in the forum are wondering)

[/quote]Won't the elicenser s/w run in Rosetta 2?

• [quote=Charles-Zoltan de Leissègues;307610]

[/quote]

Mine works fine on my Macbook Air M1 (Cubase and VEP)

• last edited
    last edited

I tried once, and it didn't work for me, btw this key is in end of life ... don't want to use it anymore

@musicman691 said:

[quote=Charles-Zoltan de Leissègues;307610]

Hi,

Won't the elicenser s/w run in Rosetta 2?

[/quote]

• last edited
    last edited

happy if it's works for you, not for me, as I had a really bad experience with it (month of unusable plug in cause of it and the support of steinberg was aware of the problem) I don't want to use this key anymore !!!

@beatpete said:

Mine works fine on my Macbook Air M1 (Cubase and VEP)

[/quote]

• last edited
    last edited

@musicman691 said:

Hi,

[/quote]If a dongle is wonky do this: shut down your computer then unplug and replugin the dongle and then start up the computer. Connections can go flaky with no apparent reason - humidity changes and such can cause connections to go flaky. Just had such an issue with my Vienna Key last week and what I wrote fixed the issue.

• last edited
    last edited

Oh !  I plug and unplug the elicenser several times because it was not detected - never had to do this with my iloks ...The elicenser is terminated good bye no regret 😊
    I updated to nexus 4 just to leave the elicenser no waiting for VSL (and probably buy the complete vocals)

@musicman691 said:

Hi,

If a dongle is wonky do this: shut down your computer then unplug and replugin the dongle and then start up the computer. Connections can go flaky with no apparent reason - humidity changes and such can cause connections to go flaky. Just had such an issue with my Vienna Key last week and what I wrote fixed the issue.

[/quote]

• What's the date that ilok would replace the e-licenser? Because I want to buy the new harp, but the situation now is quite awkward to me.

• Hi, 

There is no date yet. But we will let you know as soon as everything is ready, via newsletter and in this thread. 

We have made the ViennaKey super-cheap (13 EUR) and add a 20 EUR Voucher to compensate for the shipping costs... AND you will get a converted license for iLok as soon as the transition to iLok is ready. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

There is no date yet. But we will let you know as soon as everything is ready, via newsletter and in this thread. 

We have made the ViennaKey super-cheap (13 EUR) and add a 20 EUR Voucher to compensate for the shipping costs... AND you will get a converted license for iLok as soon as the transition to iLok is ready. 

Best, 
    Paul

It's sad there's no date yet, even what quarter of the calendar year. Or even what year for that matter. There are people on the cusp of buying things and giving them an inexpensive dongle isn't a good solution. Vienna is probably losing customers over this delay.

Better to get it right on launch though.

• totally true.

• last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Like others have said, it's discouraging that there's no date or even estimated date for the transition to iLok. Especially because it's been stated that the VSL apps won't be ported to run natively on Apple Silicon until after the move to iLok. So all we know is the iLok move is uncertain and far-off, and the Apple Silicon move is doubly uncertain and far-off.

• I think we can assume the transition to iLok will take place sometime after iLok is running native on Apple Silicon. I'm keeping an eye out for PACE to announce M1 compatibility before I begin clamoring in earnest for eLicensor-to-iLok timeline info.