Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,465 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,805 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 1 new thread(s), 19 new post(s) and 49 new user(s).

• Hi all, I'm pretty new to VSL but love working with the new Dorico Playback Template. Obviously this is user-editable, but I really think all VSL Dorico Expression Maps should have an Init value set so CC#28 is turned on. Most users of notation software are going to expect hairpins to play back. I know it's more system intensive, but most users that are accustomed to working with notation rather than MIDI are going to assume that these are functional.

• Hello 153793!

I can see your point. On the other hand, if we would turn Vel XF on by default, there would be many people reporting performance problems and cut off voices in their orchestral arrangements.

Bst regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Windows: Playback templates do not show.

I downloaded and installed today the last version of "VSL-for-Dorico-WIN-v32.exe".  
    The installation process requires admin rights, there is no way to run it as a user.
    Unfortunately, the installer seems to put therefore the playback template information only into the admin AppData branch or so, as the playback templates for the vsl libraries are only offered to me if I start dorico as admin - if I start dorico under my user account, the menu stays empty, no vsl playback templates visible.  

It seems, that the installer does not take into account that since Windows XP or so we have down here in our windows hell indeed admin and user accounts, and that it is since then (since 2001 to be exact btw) strongly recommended to work only with resticted user account rights...
    I would appreciate if the installer was updated to reflect the existence of user accounts in Windows, so that one can work with the library whithout being forced to start an application as admin.  

Apart from that, what I would need now are instrucions which data from which folder I have to copy from admin to my user space to make the thing run.

Thanks and a happy new year.

• Hello!

Please log in to your computer with your user account. Then run the VSL-for-Dorico installer. There's no need to run it as an administrator. After that the Playback Templates and Expression Maps for the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions should be available for you in Dorico.

Best regards,
    Andi

Vienna Symphonic Library
  • last edited
    last edited

@andi said:

Hello!

Please log in to your computer with your user account. Then run the VSL-for-Dorico installer. There's no need to run it as an administrator. After that the Playback Templates and Expression Maps for the SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions should be available for you in Dorico.

Best regards,
    Andi

I agree entirely -- there is no prompt or need to run as Admin. it must be something system-specific with the user.

• ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Notation Programs & Vienna on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Finale on
  • ErisnoE Erisno moved this topic from Dorico on