Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,382 users have contributed to 42,223 threads and 254,774 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 4 new thread(s), 17 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• last edited
    last edited

@create-compose said:

… I still can't Identify with you in respect to first doing the framework on an inferior sounding library . I must be honest.  I feel. Why compose on  a rickety old piano if you have a Grand Steinway right beside you? I would say the Steinway has the right sound under your fingers.

Create-Compose,

The BBO libraries are ensembles. The Free Basic, Andromeda and Black Eye are Tutti, the others are separate sections. The most recent Phoenix and Quasar are solo percussion instruments, as a bridge toward the full Synchron collection. They are a bit particular, and more than as main libraries they are intended both as sketching tools, and as an additional source of great sounds.

I can only speak for me, as for the chosen composing process, but I adapt my workflow depending on what I'm doing. If it's transcribing/composing a piece of classical music, NP is a perfect pre-listening tool to let me immediately catch errors in the harmony, and devote my attention to details at a later phase. If it's a more textural piece I'm composing, the actual sound can't be replaced, and I have to use the sounds that are nearest to the desired ones.

Advanced sound libraries are very heavy. With the computing power advancement, things are going to be easier year after year. But at the moment even a powerful computer can have issues with full libraries, and all their dynamic layers, articulations, microphone channels, and modulation data streams. So much that an external computer connected to the main one, and exclusively devoted to samples, is still very much used in a professional context.

Paolo

• Does anyone know if the Sibelius - VSL soundset will work with the Synchronized SE 1 / 1+ library?

• Hi, 

Yes, all SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions are fully supported with our Sibelius soundsets. 

Best, 
    Paul

Paul Kopf Product Manager VSL
  • last edited
    last edited

@Paul said:

Hi, 

Yes, all SYNCHRON-ized Special Editions are fully supported with our Sibelius soundsets. 

Best, 
    Paul

Excellent news!

• I've just downloaded Reaper trial version. Looks interesting. I see it is connected to Sibelius. Iv'e managed to make it open Sibelius with Rewire, but that's as far as I got. Is there a video that describes step by step how to import all tacks  from a Sibelius score in midi to be able to work on them in Reaper? By the looks of it is is not as complex as I expected. 

Thank you .

• Hi Paul

thanks for your suggestion re. plugin, I am looking into this now. Couldn't open your youtube link

as it said it was private. Possible to get the link that works?

regards

Dan

• last edited
    last edited

Hi Dan

The video link I posted is now out of date, as the plugin has been updated to version 1.2, and as such I've hidden it as some of the functionality in that video has been improved.

You'll find some info on the developer's website Here,

Fair disclosure moment!

I'm a huge fan of this plugin, and since my original post, I have become a reseller for this plugin through my website

To avoid any forum rule-breaking the link above is to Santiago Barx's website not my own.

Have fun with it mate, as it's brilliant!

Kindest regards

Paul

• last edited
    last edited

@create-compose said:

Hallo again..
    I've been looking at the VSL's BBO libraries, are they all Tutti?

No. see image below, Ganymede (Choir); take eg, bass out of the picture, there's no bass voices.

The thing about notation is, notation is a shorthand to give to performers. What we do in a DAW is literally the duration we specify, not a suggestion to someone that's going to handle that in performance. Notion is a kind of hybrid of where there is the bars visual to stretch or shrink for actual durations. I don't know about this other thing, afaik it's Notion under a new name, but Notion did not have the sounds for what I wish to do and it's not a thing for me anyway for some time.