Vienna Symphonic Library Forum
Forum Statistics

182,462 users have contributed to 42,228 threads and 254,805 posts.

In the past 24 hours, we have 2 new thread(s), 20 new post(s) and 48 new user(s).

• Same for me. Waiting…

Thanks.

C.B.

• I asked VSL software engineers to look into the issue again. I've been told that there are some severe difficulties ATM which are really hard to overcome. 

Sorry for the downer, and thanks for your patience.

/Dietz - Vienna Symphonic Library
  • Thank you for your answer Dietz.

While waiting to find a real solution, maybe VSL programmers could add a button or a preference to activate and deactivate the "Play" shortcut with the space bar? Because pressing the space bar is a real automatism (or a reflex). It is very difficult not to forget to abstain from it when making adjustments directly in MIR.

Thanks,

Claude

• Hi Claude,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already made the issue known to VLS's software engineers.

Kind regards,

• If you happen to be a Keyboard Maestro user you can make a quick macro to help with this

I made a group that activates only when Mir Pro is running.
    Create the action to trigger on space bar with a condition that if Mir Pro is in front and Logic is running as well then send the spacebar keystroke to Logic. Otherwise just send spacebar. Keyboard Maestro gets the keystroke before Mir does and seems to be working okay for me.

• last edited
    last edited

@Dietz said:

I asked VSL software engineers to look into the issue again. I've been told that there are some severe difficulties ATM which are really hard to overcome. 

Sorry for the downer, and thanks for your patience.

I didn't realise there was a page 2 of this doh! Thanks for the update, appreciate it. I might just soldier on with Mojave for now, I might try the cool solution by thomasjdev. Well see, either way I'll just make music.

• last edited
    last edited

Hi,

Any development here since last summer? This bug is very frustrating and insidious. I'm still losing a lot of work. As I wrote pressing the space bar is a real automatism (or a reflex).

Thanks,

Claude

@Dietz said:

Hi Claude,

Thanks for your suggestion. I already made the issue known to VLS's software engineers.

Kind regards,

• I asked VSL software engineers again, but there's no news to announce, sorry to say so ... :-(

• Any update in sight for this issue?

• I just received the info from VSL's developers that there's no way for them to update these elements of MIR Pro ATM. Sorry to have no better news ...

• I have the impression that MIR Pro is a dead product. No support for new MacOS or hardware for months or even years. Its a pity .!!!

• There are working in MirPro 3D as we speak.